1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime - official prices paid thread

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Will_Prius16, Dec 20, 2016.

1. EWRN

EWRN New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm in Austin...not to be greedy, but can you get the $3500 NJ purchase rebate and still qualify to get the TX $2500 as well? Whow would track that you received a state rebate in NJ if you applied for and got it in TX too? Mo' money...mo' money....;-)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's not a state rebate in nj, it's a toyota rebate. you get both! plus 4500 from the feds = $10,500.!!!
    the world has gone crazy.:p

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  3. enerjazz

enerjazz Energy+Jazz=EnerJazz

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am in Texas and just purchased two Primes from NJ. Look back up this thread on page 43 and 44 for my info, along with this post: Our Two Prius Primes Have Arrived | PriusChat. I listed several dealers in one of my posts on page 44. I shipped them and found good shipping price and service from Iron Auto Transport.

The NJ incentive is currently showing good through 01/02/2018. You'll have to buy fast or wait until Jan 3rd to see if the incentive is extended. As for the TX $2,500 they haven't announced the rules for that yet. The last draft had it starting in April, but they were requiring purchase from a TX dealership. Still too many unknowns (lobbyists) until it's finalized.

4. bobjames868

bobjames868 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Got a Magnetic Grey Prime Premium in CA.

Selling Price: $28286
    MSRP: $29919
    Toyota Rebate: $2000
    DMV Fees: $343
    Doc Fees: $80
    Total Taxes: $2262
    Total OTD Price: $28971

HPrimeAdvanced and bisco like this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow, fabulous price! are sale tanking there?

time to update your info, all the best!(y)

6. SHDL

SHDL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I picked up my new Prius Prime this weekend. :) It's wonderful! (except for all the lost storage cubbyholes that my 13 year old Gen2 Prius had -- but that's another story).

Model: Prius Prime Advanced
    Date of Purchase: 12/30/2017
    Color: Classic Silver
    Options: All-weather floor mats and cargo tray
    Total MSRP: $34,243
    Selling Price: $32,822 (dealer invoice price, not counting dealer rollback)
    Incentive (Toyota Northwest rebate): -$1,000
    No Trade-in (selling the 2005 Prius to a family member)
    Out the Door Price: $32,210 (including documentation, title and registration fees -- no sales tax in Oregon)
    Dealer: Toyota of Gladstone, Oregon

I would ***NOT*** recommend this dealer! I did all of my shopping and negotiations over the internet (ending with a couple phone calls) because I'm temporarily working over 200 hundred miles away from home). I sent an e-mail to several Toyota dealers in the Portland area explaining exactly what I wanted to buy, and what Kelly Blue Book stated was the fair market price for that area. Some dealers came back with a price much higher, but the internet sales manager at this dealership quoted a price under the KBB price and under dealer invoice price.

In the final paperwork, however, the sales manager tacked on an extra "relocation fee" from bringing the car from another dealership 6 miles away. I consider this extra charge to have been dishonest, and was not included in the price I had agreed to over the internet and phone. The sales manager showed me some spreadsheet numbers to prove they were losing over $6500 dollars on the sale, and that's why she needed to charge for relocating the car from another dealer. That suggests the dealer had to pay more than $5,000 over MSRP for the car! I'm not buying that lie. I also had to correct a couple math errors on the paperwork, both of which were in the dealer's favor by a few hundred dollars.

The dealer also handed me the key and sent me on the way with a full tank of gas, and ZERO charge on the battery. I had to sit at a charging station on the dealer's lot for over hour to get a measly estimated 8 miles of EV driving time. Overall, I'm happy with the price I paid, but not with this dealership. I will never set foot on that dealer's lot again!

I love the way my new Prius Prime drove on the way back to where I'm temporarily living and working! It's so much quieter smoother than my '05 Prius, and the adaptive cruise control is fantastic! I averaged a good 10 miles a gallon better than my '05 Prius, and that included running the better part of an hour in charge mode so I could really try out driving in EV the next day (I can't charge at my apartment where I am temporarily living, and the closest public charging station is several miles away). I hope to get as many years of faithful service from this Prius Prime as I did with my old Prius. Despite some poorly thought-out limitations in storage space, Toyota did a fantastic job blending an EV with a hybrid. This is a great car! :)

#946 SHDL, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    bisco and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  7. mtnroadbiker

mtnroadbiker mtn road biker

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Many thanks to Bert for sharing. I'll share too. I started with "TrueCar" in ME which on surface looked great, but came to find out the price was with the factory rebate, so not so good. I found the Toyota dealer in Dorchester MA and went to their web site and put in in my info to unlock the price. MSRP for a Prime Plus (blue) is 28,308 and dealer cash was 3,638 making starting price 24,670. That seemed more than fair to me, so I pulled the trigger. Added dealer cost of 404 and after getting car to VA (flew up and drove home) and paying Va taxes/fees of 1,075 and backing off factory rebate of 3,250... left cost at 22,900 and that is before the 4,502 federal tax rebate. This makes my final cost of 18,400 (35% off MSRP) possibly the best deal I have ever gotten. Some snags when I went to get car, it was not ready and had to be cleaned, so couple hours later, guy gave me keys and full tank of gas and with depleted battery I drove home with temp in the teens and still got high 40's for the 8 hour drive. I expect MUCH better now that battery is charged. So Bert, if you are ever in the Richmond VA area, ping me, I owe you a beer (maybe a six pack). Thanks again.

Clydo and bisco like this.
  8. BigBert

BigBert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    My pleasure ...hate to see anyone overpay...nice deal and congrats!

Big Bert

bisco likes this.
  9. pineprius

pineprius 15th Hole #4

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I'm considering purchasing a Prime from Gault. Can you share your buying experience with them and who was your contact? Any surprises or disapointments? Your car delivered as ordered? Thanks in advance for your help.

10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    aren't there other nj/ny dealers offering bigger discounts?

11. AngelaK

AngelaK New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I had given up getting a Prime because none of the dealers in the Kansas City area have these in inventory and I wanted to get one before the end of the year for the federal tax credit (this was before the new bill was signed and I was worried they would get rid of it). But I walked into a Hendricks dealership on Dec. 15 and they had just gotten a Premium in that morning that someone decided they didn't want (they changed their mind and got an Advanced), so it wasn't even in their inventory system yet.

MSRP: $29,200
    Special paint color: $895 - this irritated me...I don't consider red a special color.
    Total: $30,095

There aren't any incentives from Toyota in this area and zero negotiation on price, probably because no one in KC has these just sitting on their lot. I'm pretty excited that I randomly happened upon it and was able to get it before the end of the year, though, so it's all good!

HPrimeAdvanced and Mark57 like this.
  12. Hootie

Hootie New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Connecticut appears to be offering $4000 from Toyota.

13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! thanks for the info, very helpful.(y)

14. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your luck. This is a common problem in the whole center of the USA. Toyota is freely shipping them to the CARB states and only allowing special orders in the other states.

I think you'll find it's pretty cool to be driving a vehicle that's pretty unique in your area. The Prius specific road rage goes away because they don't look like a Prius. People will stare trying to figure out what you're driving. It's fun.

Drive it down to Jesse and Jim's to celebrate.;)

15. muleman

muleman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    2017 Prius prime premium hyper sonic red
    msrp $30,538
    dealer discount $1200 off
    New York state $1100 off
    Toyota 3500 off. (of course the day i picked it up it was increased to $4000)
    So 5800 off MSRP without fed tax credit.
    I think it was cheaper than my 2011 Prius 2 I traded in.

16. ChicagoPrime

ChicagoPrime New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Felt this was a pretty great deal! Flew to Buffalo, NY from Chicago and drove it back.
    Sorry don’t have exact number breakdown at the moment

Model: New 2017 Prius Prime Premium Grey w/ Black int.
    Including All season floor package and cargo liner and wheel locks

-Msrp $30,008
    -Incentives $4000 Toyota rebate in NY

Was able to get out the door INCLUDING tax, title, license for $27,100.

HPrimeAdvanced, bisco and benagi like this.
  17. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!
    nice, but hard to figure. what was the bottom line before tax, title and license?

18. ChicagoPrime

ChicagoPrime New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    It was $25,600

19. AngelaK

AngelaK New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I'm loving it so far! Obsessed with watching the mpg and ev range on the display. :) Love Jess & Jim's!!! Think they have a charging station? LOL

HPrimeAdvanced and Mark57 like this.
  20. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Warning, driving on EV only can be addictive. I love it. No, no charging stations at or near J&J's.