1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime - official prices paid thread

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Will_Prius16, Dec 20, 2016.

1. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Chevy must have put all their money in the manual, whereas Toyota focused on the car!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.
    AChoiredTaste.com

westy72658, bisco and ElectricSpike like this.
  2. ElectricSpike

ElectricSpike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, I'm seeing used 2017 asking for more than mine will cost (even before our trade in). Including my 2011 trade in, dealer markdown, Toyota incentive, then state rebate and federal tax credit, the Prius Prime Advanced will be costing us about $16,000. We were in no way looking for a new car with a kid in college, but our 2011 was looking at some big expenses coming up very soon. Between $4,500-$8,000's worth ($4,500 best case senario.) We crunched the numbers, and it made better financial sense to get the Prime. We ended up getting a great %rate at my credit union, stretched the payments over 72 months, then after she graduates we will be aggressive with payments to pay it down.

3. djchexxx

djchexxx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Not as great as the east coast deals but i'm happy with the price I got.

2017 Premium Blue Magnetism
    $30,073 (Rear bumper applique, shifter applique, All weather floor mats/cargo tray)
    $500 Toyota rebate, 0% APR for 72mo
    $27,257 w/o TTL
    $29,863 OTD (9.5% tax $80 doc fee)

Price after Federal/ State rebates
    Federal Rebate: $4,502
    California Rebate: $1500

Total cost after rebates $23861

4. ClemsonSteve

ClemsonSteve Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Awesome! Very happy for you. It looks super. I have absolutely fallen in love with the Blue Magnetism. As we know, it's a special color only found on the Prime, and it is very visible to other drivers. And I never have a problem finding my car in the parking lot! I wish you the best for hundreds of thousands of happy and safe miles! I'm keeping mine until it (literally) falls apart. When the time comes for a new battery, and I feel like the car will go another 100,000 miles, I will most definitely replace the battery.

Gorgeous!

I don't think Toyota has ever discontinued the rebate until the cars are all gone. I feel good that you have no worries.

#1504 ClemsonSteve, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2018
    ElectricSpike and westy72658 like this.
  5. westy72658

westy72658 Jim Coleman Toyota in Bethesda, Maryland

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just bought my Prius and in my case the manuals do not have a case.

When you pick up your car send us some pics.

When I got to the dealership my plan was to ask to see the other colors and then make a decision. I had the Blue Magnetism on hold but I was told I could switch colors if I liked another better. Once I got to Jim Coleman’s I saw the Blue in person and fell in love with the color. No need to show me any other colors. I actually drove it 6.5 hours back home today. It was mostly fast interstate driving through the mountains of West Virginia back to Kentucky and I averaged 49.1 MPG without trying to conserve. I thought that was impressive.

#1505 westy72658, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2018
  6. PriusPostus2

PriusPostus2 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congratulations! You'll love the car. And we love the Blue Magnetism too.

ElectricSpike and westy72658 like this.
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats westy, all the best!(y)

westy72658 likes this.
  8. ElectricSpike

ElectricSpike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Am planning on it! You all are making me a little jealous of the blue magnetism! When I test drove a Prime, I drove a blue one, but the lighting outside was weird - it was overcast and looked like thunderstorm weather, with the fluorescent lighting streaming out of the dealer onto the car. It was not a nice color in that lighting. I wasn't thrilled with any of the colors, but we thought we could go with the red or the Titanium Glow - we ended up with the TG. On my way into my credit union to pick up my check, I saw a Prime in TG pass by! It was really quite beautiful; sort of mysterious/powerful looking. Definitely not silver, but not beige. Hope I can avoid most of rush hour tomorrow!

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  9. PriusPostus2

PriusPostus2 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We wanted the red for our first Prime since that is what my wife really liked. Then for the second one we wanted a different color to avoid confusion (we've gone down that twisted path before). The blue is pretty and noticeable. The dark gray was our next choice, but basically for the second Prime, my wife said, "any color except Lizard White."

ElectricSpike likes this.
  10. ClemsonSteve

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We did almost the same thing. My wife had a doctor's appointment, so we could not leave until 12:15 pm....drove my trade straight through from Greensboro NC to DC, and arrived at the dealership at 5:30 pm. We did a chop, chop with the paperwork--Amar at Jim Coleman had everything ready, and Vince took the trade as agreed. It was awesome--very smooth. We were on the road heading home by 7:00 pm--decided not to stop at a hotel, and made it home at 12:30 am. I love this car. An amazing engineering feat no doubt. I am gonna retire in the next two years or so--we plan to use the Prime as our "around the town" car, and our SUV as the "take a trip" car. My commute to work is 11 miles one way--and I'm getting about 30 miles from one charge (local roads--easy commute--just the right amount of start and stop) so I haven't spent very much in fuel. Did I mention I love this car LOL.....just perfect for what I need. This car will have to die before I stop driving it--I'm gonna see just how far it will go--year after year :) Awesome stereo, love the HUD, and the safety features are a must!

HPrimeAdvanced, benagi and westy72658 like this.
  11. Discoalert

Discoalert New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hi! I am just starting my negotiations for a 2017 Premium - I'm in so cal so I have couple of dealers in mind, some of them I already contacted and they came back with not so great numbers... So I wanted to ask you guys this: If I ask for 29,500 out the door (with 0% apr) would that be doable from your experiences? Asking for too much? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

12. juhjuhjuhjames

juhjuhjuhjames Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Does anyone have any information about tax incentives or rebates in Washington state? Or any luck getting them? When I asked at the dealership they just said no. But I got a quote of a Prius prime premium for ~30K financed for 72 months. How did I do?

13. djchexxx

djchexxx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    If you go to the prius prime website and click "savings" youll be able to put in your zipcode or state and see what incentives are offered for your state. As far as I know you should still get the federal rebate for $4502 no matter what state you are in. Is that 30k OTD? Seems like a good deal, thats pretty much what I paid. Im in Southern California.

Thats easily doable. Thats pretty much the price I paid for my car and I didn't have to negotiate much. I just sent out some price inquiries via edmunds and truecar. Where are you located in Socal? If you're near Valencia I would contact Jason Portee at Frontier Toyota. He's the Internet sales manager. I was in and out in less than 2 hours.

Discoalert likes this.
  14. ElectricSpike

ElectricSpike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Different states have different dealer incentives. Are you possibly able to fly to another state? Do you need the 0%? In Massachusetts/New England, there are a LOT of 2017's on the lot, so the dealers are dealing. Read through the recent posts. I'm picking up mine today, an Advanced, with almost $3,000 off by the dealer, plus $4,500 off an incentives by Toyota. Tomorrow, May 1st, there will be new incentives, but others on the board think that the incentives will stay in New England until the 2017's are paid. I have a great interest rate from my credit union, well worth taking the $4,500 incentive over the 0%. Also, do you happen to have a Costco membership? They have an auto program which should bring your price down, I'll bet. Some on this board negotiate on-line, then fly in to finish. Even if they have the car shipped for $850 or so, they are still coming out way ahead. Can you find an online calculator where you can enter in the 0% at your price, versus 26,500 or so, at 3%? (Rate depends on your credit rating - I have very good credit, so I have a great rate, lower than the 3%.)

For the Advanced I am paying about $26,500, not including their fees and taxes.

benagi and djchexxx like this.
  15. ClemsonSteve

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Try to get at least 10% off the sticker, along with KBB excellent if you have a trade. Do that, and you are getting a great deal—this is before the federal and state rebates, and before any Toyota rebates.

#1515 ClemsonSteve, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    djchexxx and Discoalert like this.
  16. juhjuhjuhjames

juhjuhjuhjames Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    OTD, yeah. I almost pulled the trigger but had to go to work right after and didn't want to feel rushed. I read up on the rebate and the tax form I need to file, does the incentive only offset the price if I OWE to the IRS after doing my taxes? I've never actually owed money after filing my W2s, so is this incentive more for people who make more money than I do and end up owing after tax season? Sorry, I know it's such a ~noob question

And awesome! It says I'm "exempt from state motor vehicle sales and use taxes" which is odd because this wasn't brought up when I was trying to buy.

Thanks!

djchexxx likes this.
  17. Discoalert

Discoalert New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thanks for the tips. That’s a great deal you got for the advanced- nice work! I don’t mind driving somewhere within southern Cali but don’t really want to fly. I’m going to start negotiating via email and give my bottom line to couple dealers to see if they can go with it. It’s just crazy to me that one dealer here has 70+ 2017 primes sitting in their lot and some 2018s. They should be willing to negotiate it’s almost mid 2018! I’m going to take the advice above and ask for 10% off sticker plus the Toyota rebate. I wish the Toyota incentive would go up in CA to match NY&NJ one you mentioned. May get there eventually if they can’t sell the 2017s. Thanks again!

djchexxx likes this.
  18. PCPrime

PCPrime Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It's not the Balance you OWE or your Refund Amount, it's the Total Tax you need to pay for the year. It's on Line 39 "Total Tax" on your Tax Return.

19. ClemsonSteve

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Be sure you check to make sure they don't add an incentive on May 1st. Don't take their word for it either--independently check the web site. As Ronald Reagan said, "trust but verify."

HPrimeAdvanced and djchexxx like this.
  20. Discoalert

Discoalert New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Good point! Just asked about the May 1 incentives and ofcourse they said they won’t know until tomorrow. Didn’t find anything on the website either. I’m at the dealer right now about to purchase a premium for 27600 out the door. Comes with the red stickers, which was a big deal for me in socal traffic. How did I do?

benagi likes this.