1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime One Of Three Best Car "nominees" Per Green Car Reports

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by iplug, Oct 25, 2016.

1. iplug

iplug Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Their other two nominees are the Bolt and Model X:

Green Car Reports 2017 Best Car To Buy nominee: Toyota Prius Prime

The 2017 Toyota Prius Prime is a far, far better plug-in hybrid than its predecessor.

...in electric operation, it is by far the most energy-efficient vehicle you can buy this year in the U.S.

...when it reverts to running as a standard hybrid car, it's rated at 54 mpg combined...

The likely sales volume of the 2017 Prius Prime, which will be sold throughout the U.S. next year, weighs into its importance as well...

Most reviewers have suggested that the Prius Prime is somewhat less startling in appearance than the regular Prius, which is probably all to the good.

...while it's far from fast, the Prius Prime is a perfectly decent electric car at speeds up to 75 mph.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i can't argue with that, although i prefer the lift back fanny, i believe i'm in the minority.

3. iplug

iplug Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Yeah, thought the last sentence was cute - "a perfectly decent electric car at speeds up to 75 mph."

If spending any significant amount of time driving over 75 mph, efficiency is probably not on ones consciousness.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    good point. i wonder what percentage of tesla drivers are concerned about it.