Prius Prime Preliminary State Tax Credit Discussion

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-Current)' started by wjtracy, Mar 28, 2016.

1. juhjuhjuhjames

juhjuhjuhjames Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I messaged HR Block's customer service and they said,

"our software and online products do not support forms until they are officially released by the IRS, so it may be an error or non-updated page with the IRS" (referring to the IRS still showing the form as a draft)

I input my W2 and filled out the form without issue. I'll probably end up filing sometime this week

2. stuyguy

stuyguy Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Good news: Received $5000 tax refund from Colorado last year after buying a Prime.
    Bad news: Received a 1099G from Colorado this year.
    Are all State credits/rebates for Primes considered taxable income by the feds? In Colorado, you claim the credit when you file State taxes, not at the dealer.

3. McRascal

McRascal New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I was able to submit my federal return yesterday for the $4502 credit using the free online tax prep from Credit Karma.

citiprius likes this.
  4. juhjuhjuhjames

juhjuhjuhjames Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    mind if I asked if i was accepted yet? that's awesome though. Planning on filing mine later today

5. McRascal

McRascal New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes, got this email last night:

The federal government accepted your tax return. Woohoo! Here's what comes next:
    If you haven't already, print a copy of your return and store it for your records.
    You've got free Audit Defense! Should you need it (and we hope you don't) the instructions are included with your tax return.
    If you're expecting a refund, you can track your status on the IRS website (it usually takes them around 24 hours to get it posted).
    Generally, you can expect your refund within 21 days.

6. triggerhappy007

triggerhappy007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I see IRS form 8936 is finally available now.

7. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Per the official Web site, not the one in California. The way it works here is that after buying your car, you mail a request for the state rebate, and they send you a check. It is like a factory rebate, except the funds come from the state, not the manufacturer.

8. Kevin James

Kevin James New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I just bought a 2018 Prius Prime. Has anyone filed for PA state "Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Rebates"? The program guidance says "Rebate request forms and required documentation must be submitted online via the Electronic Single Application System (ESA). I went there and couldn't find the program to file the rebate under. Has anyone successfully submitted the rebate request there? What is the program name you used? Any info is appreciated.