1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime Side mirror

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by karthik1107, Jul 12, 2018.

1. karthik1107

karthik1107 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium

I hit a Traffic Drum in a construction zone and my Primes' passenger side mirror is broken. I stopped the car and retrieved the base plate. So all I need is a replacement glass that I can put in. I tried searching toyota online for oem parts number, but been unlucky so far. Can any one help out how I can get a replacement one?

I also see a wire and plug hanging around, I am thinking thats for blind spot monitoring that goes with advanced. Does anyone know if we could use that plus to put in aftermarket blindspot on to it? Or does it require sensor set up and more as well?

Thanks!

#1 karthik1107, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Go to parts.toyota.com, and then click Select Vehicle > Hybrids & FCV > Prius Prime > 2017 > HYBRID > Four (another spelling of Premium, it seems) > ALL CATEGORIES > Electrical > MIRROR, to reach Figure 87-01, Mirror.

If you need only the mirror glass for the right side, it’s shown in the illustration with Part Name Code 87931(RH), which translates in the list to part number 87931-47410, for cars made through June 2017, or part number 87902-33150, for cars made in June 2017 and later. The entries labeled “W(*ICS & *IPA)” don’t apply, since only the Prime Advanced has Intelligent Clearance Sonar.

Ignore the “Product not available” note; if the part number has actually changed again, the parts supplier—your local Toyota dealer, or a dealer selling online—should be able to tell you the new one.
    You’d also need the sensors (in the rear bumper), wiring, and perhaps other parts.

Mark57 and karthik1107 like this.
  3. karthik1107

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thanks Elektroingenie. I meant to post my reply a while ago. Sorry, got busy. Thanks for your link, I was able to look up the part number and called a few local Toyota dealers, they all had stock. But prices for the mirror alone, differed from 79.99 to 89.99. So, try to shop around and you might find a slightly cheaper one.

- I was able to pick it up next morning.
    - Regarding the wiring and plug that I saw was for heated side mirrors. The mirror has heating element inside. You can see it my photos attached.
    - For installation - Once you connect the heating element plug, its simply a matter of pressing the Mirrror against the assembly - but it certainly does take some force to hear that click sound. Make sure not to drop the mirror again and cost you another $80 or 90. (Lay out some cushion or pads as you putting it in). Take your time.
    -Once you are done, check to adjust the side mirrors and it should all back normal.

Attached Files:

Elektroingenieur likes this.
  4. karthik1107

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    a

Attached Files:

5. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Don't hit those things.

6. TaraGreenTheTalkingPrius

TaraGreenTheTalkingPrius Terre Green as in Mother Earth

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hello: My wife has a 2017 Prius Prime and did something similar to her passenger side mirror the other day. It was a road construction section at 5 AM on here way to work and hit something which cracked the mirror which looks identical to yours. I attached the back side showing the connections and sticky adhesive in the middle. It has all the toys with heated and blind spot detector. I saw your pictures and the underneath of just the mirror section looks the same. The center section (hole in middle dead center etc. ) to attach on back of mirror is a sticky adhesive still. Is this the only way it attaches? The Prime passenger mirror was still attached to the wires and unhooked but just want to make sure that no in between part is missing for attachment. The outer shell or painted section is luckily intact etc. I plan on ordering this part if nothing is missing just the mirror etc. I appreciate any feedback on the attachment or issues getting the item to stick or attach.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Attached Files:

7. TaraGreenTheTalkingPrius

TaraGreenTheTalkingPrius Terre Green as in Mother Earth

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    FYI: I did get the correct part with part number 8790206190 "Description on bill "Glass Sub-ASSY" 141.51 US dollars for the 2017 Prius Prime with turn signal and bind spot avoidance. It connected easily with the existing unit. The wire plugged in directly and the copper clip that is used as a stop avoidance transferred easily.