1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Pros and Cons, anyone???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by nando1980, Jan 2, 2014.

1. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What sold me on the Prius had a lot to do with a change in mindset. I was recalling yesterday how over the last 30 years, once I got the bug to buy a new car, I wouldn't stop until I did it, even if I owned my current car less than a year. Wasted a lot money, but also had a lot of fun. But thinking about it further, what did I do with all the different vehicles I've owned? Commute and just drive around. No matter what type of car I had, from very economical 4 cyl to very powerful V8's, my driving style was never different. I drove sanely and at normal speeds and didn't take advantage of any of the individual car's characteristics (handling, power, speed, etc.) I can accomplish the same in a Prius and not feel like I'm losing anything, but gaining a lot more satisfaction from lower gas consumption, driving something different, although I'm seeing more Liftback's and v's on the road everyday, and knowing I'm not harming the environment as much as an oversized SUV or large car, and yet still have plenty of room for every situation I can think of.

usnavystgc likes this.
  2. JGI

JGI Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    After now owning my 2014 Prius Three, here are my nitpicks:

Cons:
    -No coin holder - all my other Toyotas have coin holders, not sure why the Prius doesn't
    -Sunvisor is short so it doesn't really block the sun from hitting you on the left side, it's useless.
    -Annoying whirring noise every once in a while while pressing the brake pedal
    -Cannot see the front of the car due to its shape
    -Steering wheel controls have very dim lights and there's no way to make em brighter
    -Hard to see what's behind you on the rearview mirror. Again, mostly due to the shape of the car.

3. milkman44

milkman44 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    For me, the pro that trumps all the cons is at the pump. Only once have I put $30 in the tank, usually just over 400 miles I fill up, one time 520 miles on the tank and #30.20 in the tank.:)

Tande, F8L and usnavystgc like this.
  4. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Bought new a 2011 Prius 2, it was an ok appliance, lousy seats, toy horn. Ended up selling it and buying a new 13 Avalon hybrid, much better seats, a real horn, but more money. Still I think for most people I think a Camry Hybrid (I'm talking an 18 now) would be a better choice for not much more money.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Isn't there Touch Tracer? You can see a copy of it on the dashboard and it lights up in orange as you move your finger from button to button.