1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius rear hatch logo, hi-res pic for t-shirt

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FredWB, Feb 15, 2004.

1. FredWB

FredWB New Member

Does anyone know where I can a high resolution pic of the rear hatch logo? I've been trying to take one and I get too much reflection of the camera and myself for that matter, lol. I tried using a screen but still can see the camera. I want to try my had a printing the logo for a t-shirt iron on decal. I've seen the t-shirts on ebay but the bidding seems to be way out of hand. Mine will probably look like crap and I just have to go buy on I'm sure, lol. Thanks

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Coupla things:
    1)The photo would be pretty easy to take.....at least in a studio. That said, you want minimal reflection of the background or at least a neutral reflection (open sky would be better than city or houses).

2)Don't use on camera flash--you need tangential light....off camera strobes or just sunlight.

3)Use a telephoto lens and back as far away as possible...put the camera on a tripod. Your reflection will be minimal.

4)Use photoshop to remove yourself completely.

5)Selling something like that, for profit, with the logo, is illegal--a clear copyright/trademark violation. As long as you stay a little fish you probably won't get caught in any nets, but it's still a risk.

If you still want to persue it, let me know. I can probably take the photo for you...esp. when I get my new digital camera in March.

3. FredWB

FredWB New Member

No I would not be selling it. I saw the t-shirts up on ebay. Maybe the dealers can get them but it said they were limited edition. I tried with my digital, no flash, shaded background, but still could see my reflection in the letters so I realized I was over my head, lol. Just thought I'd play around a bit with it. I'll have to check at the dealer to see what they have.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Like I said, lemme know, I can get the shot for you if you like...but if you just want the challenge of doing it yourself then that I understand too.