1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius research questionnaire help for college student

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by GneillUSF, Nov 27, 2010.

1. GneillUSF

GneillUSF Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Dear Prius Owners,
    My name is George Neill and I am a graduate student in the Environmental Science and Policy Program at the University of South Florida in St. Petersburg, Florida. I am conducting a short survey as part of a larger research project that is following the trend of Prius sales in the U.S. Ostensibly, I am attempting to find a correlation between Prius ownership and environmental values based on owner responses. Included in this research are responses from Prius owners, interviews with dealers and Toyota representatives.
    I would first like to thank you all for your hospitality and allowing me to post on your forums. I have come to understand that there are often requests of a similar type on these forums and your patience and participation is very much appreciated. Furthermore, I would appreciate your feedback by filling out this twenty question survey at the following link: Prius Owner Questionnaire Survey
    You can rest assured that your responses will remain totally anonymous and though your responses may be included in this research, they will not be published. This website is secure and I can vouch that there is no security (virus) danger involved.
    I am grateful for your response and will openly answer any questions that you may have, with the understanding that I cannot influence the outcome of the survey. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Humbly and sincerely,
    George Neill

Note: If any administrators see fit, please feel free to "sticky" this thread. The more responses included, the more accurate this data will be.

Addendum:
    Thank you for your expedient responses. After addressing the concerns of one of the members of the forum, I would like to further clarify the scope of this research. Though I cannot release the survey data until the project itself is complete this week, I will be happy to post both the statistical data compiled (from this forum and outside sources) as well as a copy of the report itself. I must stress that this research cannot and will not be published because the survey would need to be presented to an ethical review committee for such intent. However, I do feel that it will provide an objective perspective on Prius ownership and I intend to uphold that very focus.
    I apologize if the format seems biased in any way or seems to portray Prius owners in any specific light. I can assure you that it has only been tailored to provide objective (as much as possible) reasons for purchasing a Prius while remaining short and relevant to this research. Any biases and/or limitations will be included in the final report. Again, thank you for your time and participation.

Sincerely,
    George Neill

1 person likes this.
  2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Survey completed. I look forward to seeing your results.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I sent an e-mail to the OP and asked that the survey result be shared with the community. Of course he has 'pre-publication' issues as well as advisor issues to work out. However, he responded with a positive attitude to sharing the results.

By all means, don't let me be the only voice. Use e-mail to share your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Bob Wilson

4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Bump...

I'm not an owner - just an operator, so I have to recuse myself from this questionnaire---but I am interested in learning the results
    Good Luck!

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    May want to patch up the survery as when I pressed the 'done' button in Yahoo browser, it went to the top of page with no acknowledgement, twice.

6. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Done - to the OP, you should define "sustainability" in your survey as there could be several interpretations.

Note to other members: my virus checker did not find any problems with the launched survey.

7. GneillUSF

GneillUSF Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you all for your responses.

I'm not positive, but I believe Survey Monkey is optimized for IE and Firefox browsers. Unfortunately I don't have the Yahoo browser, so I can't verify. But I will keep it in mind as a limitation.

As far as the definition (or lack thereof) of sustainability.. it was intentionally left undefined as part of the research. Thank you!

Sincerely,
    George Neill

8. LeadingEdgeBoomer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No problem using Survey Monkey via Safari on Mac OS X 10.6.

9. timo27

timo27 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    George -

Just curious--have you posted the survey elsewhere? If so, are you going to combine the answers or keep them separate?

Good luck--look forward to seeing your results.
    Tim