1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius shirts

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by victor, Aug 18, 2004.

1. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    I guess some of you will know this site, but for those who don't take a look at Priustees. There are a selection of t shirts all of which are Prius related and a donation from the cost goes to charity.

I have only just come across this and was rather pleased to find it

Victor

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

There's one or two there I like -- the "new car for a used world" one is a great line.

But personally, I like the ones in the PriusChat store better. (Though I can't seem to get there this morning. Hmmm...)

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm in bit of a legal fight with CafePress and will be taking my business elsewhere. Hopefully the store will be back up soon with items for our members to purchase.

4. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are better stores than Cafepress anyway, though I can't remember for the life of me which ones I've heard of people using...

5. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Has anyone used a decent picture of their own to build a T-shirt at Priustees?

My avatar looks crappy when building, but seems to fit the shirt-builder software. I'd prefer the full-sized picture to get more detail...

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i built my shirt at priustees and i was kinda disappointed with the results as the image can only be a certain size but the image when blown up and put on the shirt becomes faded.

i guess i used the wrong resolution or something. im not sure how i could have changed it as the software they use is very very limited.

i will say that text (although their font selection was nearly non-existent) turned out ok.

i did do some fancier text transferred as a jpg that turned out ok.

have you tried a shirt there yet?? i think you will find that getting your image on there will take a LOT of resizing. the max image size is only about 70-80 pixels or so. ya thats right... smaller than the avatars on this sight.

i guess you can imagine what a photo looks like when blown up like that. vector drawings will expand ok without loss of line resolution but jpgs and bmps wont. they will pixelize pretty fast.

you notice that all the shirts they have have drawings and no pics... that i believe is the reason for that.

now if they would raise the resolution to something reasonable it would be cool. as for me, i just as soon go to the local t-shirt shop at the mall. they were a dollar cheaper, i got my shirt in an hour and the pic looked good.

8. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have some shirts on priustees as well...bought two for Sherry and myself.. I had done the same wording, one in front (ladies) and the other on the back (guys).. the printing looks square on the website, but the actual t-shirt is off center and the larger font is broken up.. not real happy with a $30 purchase...

I did one saying: UN-OFFICIAL TOYOTA SPOKESPERSON BUY LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY PRIUS... I didn't buy it after getting the other two :oops: I really thought it was a great line..also on the front I put PRIUS OWNER.. maybe I should pony up the bucks and buy one..

9. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I purchased the “Haul ecologically friendly butt†tee . . (a takeoff on “Haul Assâ€)

Good quality Hanes Heavyweight shirt, though it did come mailed flat as a pancake! It has held-up well and has not faded in the least.

The name of the company that does these shirts is Pixeltees . . . so YES, they are quite PIXELY.

I’m surprised by the number of people who see the shirt and either want to talk Prii or feel the need to push the “Prius START now†button on the back.

10. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks, but the T-shirt maker won't accept that. There are size rules, and resizing to fit seems like I'll soon be back to the crappy look of the avatar.

I guess it's time to ask them if another way of making a custom shirt is available...

11. drbob

drbob New Member

I went to look at the PriusTees and in theory I liked the "Breathe easier....I drive a Prius" - However, "Breathe" was spelled "Breath" and that is unacceptable.

12. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The shirts are quality... the shipping is QUICK ...unlike cafepress and the license frames... I just got one I ordered on the 5th.... I guess the spelling is work of the designer... I know there are other places to get t-shirts done...biggest cost is the setup, don't think a commercial shop can do ONE $15 shirt... probably a Kinko's or photo shop can, you might be able to take them your own shirt (for quality)..

Bob

13. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I made a shirt at www.zazzle.com so I'll see how it goes when it shows up...

14. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i already did one $15 shirt. (actually it was 16.95)

actually i did 3 completely different shirts.

all i had to do is bring a pic i wanted scanned into their system and it made a shirt. i had the option of bringing a photo or any portable media (digital cameras, CD's, etc)

pic quality was much much higher than what was available at priustees. that is why i cant understand why they dont allow better res. stuff.

also if you have a color inkjet printer, you can buy a t-shirt iron on transfer kit for $20. take your own pics and transfer it that way.

may take some trial and error to get the pic you want but it would be cheaper. anything you can design on your computer, you could transfer.

or you could do what i did, ... just steal... i mean borrow some choice images from Toyota's web site. (ya know, the snergy symbol, the hybrid symbol ect.)

then dumped it photoshop, added some text and wala!! she done... one drawback. the place i went to only did single side print jobs. (i never thought about asking about the other side, but i added some text to the back of mine... just my byline that i use here.

15. drbob

drbob New Member

Thanks for the Zazzle idea. I made my own shirt and I'll have to see how it turns out. I went public with it so if anyone likes it and orders I get a cut. You can't beat that.

16. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i did a search at the zazzle site for Prius and came up with nothing. what catagory is your shirts in?

17. drbob

drbob New Member

Jeez, I looked and couldn't find it either. I found it under the "new apparel" area and it's under "transportation". Maybe the search function is updated at specific times and it hasn't hit mine yet. I could seriously have some fun making up shirts. My head is spinning with other ideas.

18. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok i did find a couple.. but was from browsing the transportation category. the search function is useless. one shirt had the word Prius in its title and it still didnt come up.

the pics look great. no pixelization in the pics but will the shirt be that way??

i m sure it will since the technology to do so has been widely available for a long time.

i may give them a try, but my local supplier does just as good a job and they only take about 30 mins or so.

19. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Zazzle is goofy. It asked for what I thought was a search term, so I entered 'Prius'. However, that's not what you find my shirt under. The title is "My Car", and THAT brought it up.

Swell. No royalties for me unless people look REALLY hard...

20. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok i found yours...

cant you change the name??