1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PRIUS SHOP MANUALS OUTRAGEOUS

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by jiw395, Aug 24, 2006.

1. BobZ

BobZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norman H. Renehan @ Sep 3 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]313728[/snapback]</div>
    I have the CD too. They don't call me the king of eBay for nothin'...! B)

2. jiw395

jiw395 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ Sep 4 2006, 02:50 AM) [snapback]313882[/snapback]</div>
    I wasn't aware of this, I just ordered and paid for the cd-rom. It was $10.00 plus $6 shipping,or something like that. I'll be glad to share any info/questions regarding the cd-rom once received.

3. jiw395

jiw395 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What is considered a great/good price for all four of the manuals covering the 2006 Prius's??? Brand new, never used, opened, still in the wrappings?? Any ideas??

4. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    FYI, most of the printed manuals on Ebay are forgeries. I bought a set and discovered this when many of the pages were of poor quality printing (barely legible) even though the cover is nice. The part number on the back was wrong, and the worst part, none of updated pages were included. (Corrections are issued continuously by Toyota, all new manuals come with the corrections). There were lots of incorrect torque specs, etc. Also, the electrical wiring diagram was not in color; it is readable in black and white, but is desiged to be read in color. Also, the year number on the cover was obviously photo shopped in, the last digit didn't align with the others, the color green on the front cover was the wrong shade, and the books were missing the three-hole punchouts for binding in a binder.

If the seller has manuals for just about every car, he's a forger, and your product may be inferior.

Use techinfo.toyota.com instead.

Nate

5. jiw395

jiw395 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Sep 10 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]317448[/snapback]</div>
    Nate, thanks for the information, good to know,thanks, norman

6. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 24 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]308852[/snapback]</div>

Evan (or anyone else who has subscribed),

What am I doing wrong? I've signed up for one month (it would be impossible in a day), and haven't been able to access any of the materials I've tried yet.

It says "To View Documents, Click Once on the Document Title in the Table Below."

I do so, the window flashes, but the document doesn't open or give the option for saving.

I've tried repeatedly with both I.E., and Firefox. No luck.

I'm using Adobe Reader, 7.0.

Any ideas?

Dave M.

7. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When you select an area to search it should bring up links to the documents in the main part of the screen. You should be able to click on the one you want and it should open in a new window. If not make sure you have popup blockers turned off.

8. BobZ

BobZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Sep 10 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]317448[/snapback]</div>
    I've had no problems with my 2004-6 Prius CD. Want a copy? B)

9. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Sep 20 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]322315[/snapback]</div>

Thanks. You were right about popup blockers.

Dave M.