Prius sign after engine wash

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Lukman, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Lukman

Lukman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello my friends

I took my 2010 Prius to total filling station wash..they washed It form outside n inside n then they washed my engine bay..after the wash when I started the vehicle,it is showing me some signs..one is brake system warning light in yellow ndicator,slip indicator,master indicator n malfunction indicator..I talked to the manager n he said that it might be of the water has gone inside some sensors n might bevy tomorrow it will be normal..

Now I am a bit afraid that what will be the problem..please suggest me that whether I should wait till tomorrow to see whether it is normal or should I have to consult some mechanic for it

2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Welcome. Scary stuff! Most people recommend agains washing the engine bay. So does the owner's manual:
    Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 2.04.03 PM.png

That said, I have gently washed the engine once or twice. Yours will probably be OK once it dries out. If they used high pressure, though, water could have damaged or disconnected something.