1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius/Siri Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by JJWax, Jan 25, 2012.

1. JJWax

JJWax Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Has anyone ever been able to successfully make a call using Siri through the Prius' bluetooth system? From my experience, when Siri is connected to the car and I ask it to dial, it attempts briefly...and then immediately hangs up. I actually don't think it's a Siri problem - I think it's because Siri has to use the Prius' phone software simply to talk to the driver in the first place (thus when I'm using Siri, the Prius phone screen appears with "TALKING"). I've noticed before - even with other phones - that if that screen is already apparent it hangs up right away after attempting a new call. It's like there's some kind of hiccup or glitch when you try to do two calls back-to-back and you're connected to the Prius bluetooth. This would happen when I'd try to immediately redial a number on my old Blackberry. All that said, wondering if anyone found a fix for this beyond simply uploading your contacts into the Prius computer and always dialing directly from the car and foregoing Siri entirely? Is there any chance Toyota has a new software update as a fix for this? Thank you!

2. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    In my experience with my 2011, you can't use SIRI to dial or make a call when the bluetooth is engaged. Upload your contacts and use the bluetooth thru the phone - and use SIRI when you're not hooked to the car.