1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius software and sensors constantly changing A/C pressure & compressor speed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by lech auto air conditionin, Jun 26, 2020.

1. lech auto air conditionin

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Prius software and sensors constantly changing A/C pressure & compressor speed

For more of my air conditioning videos go to my YouTube channel search for the name ( t lech )

or t lech - YouTube

complexities of trying to recharge a Prius without exact weight.
    Aka guessing, VUDU, Magic spells, smoke and mirrors, Reading chicken intrials, sacrificing virgins in volcanoes. This is what happens when you listen to the guys who tell you to get the can of refrigerant from the auto parts store and fill it up by the site glass and watching bubbles or trying to get some magical mystical PT chart and come up to a certain pressure to get the correct refrigerant charge.

SFO likes this.
  2. Samuel Williams Jr

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    So I'm going to guess, you are not a fan of the AC recharge kit's? In general is recharging a AC system something one can DIY, with the gauges and a vacuum pump?

Our 2005 Prius with 211'000 miles and it's AC system is pretty much par for the course still ... Boring it just work's. :)

But I do have another question, I have three other car's with R-12 systems. If I can find a shop that would enough touch a R-12 system? Can I have them Vacuum the system and then I can convert it to R-134? With the appropriate part's and then take it back to have them fill it?