1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Team invites you to meet the 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Prius Team, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The Prius Team would like to extend a few extra Prius Connection invitations to our online enthusiasts. For those of you who reside in the Washington, DC, New York City or Chicago areas, we're offering the opportunity to get well-acquainted with the 2010 Prius before it’s available to the general public. (Please note: These events are intended for local residents and Toyota is not providing reimbursements for any travel incurred.)

If you’d like to be considered for one of the following local events, please click on this link to our website Prius Connection for submitting your request to attend.

Washington, DC: Monday, February 2, 2009; 6-9pm
    New York, NY: Thursday, February 5, 2009; 6-9pm
    Chicago, IL: Tuesday, February 10, 2009; 6-9pm

All invitation requests received in the first 48 hours of this post will be reviewed by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. All invitation decisions are the sole decision of Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. Please understand that space is highly limited so we would appreciate submissions from those certain they plan to attend apply.

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  3. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I would be nice if the Prius Team would give us a description of what this event entails. The Detroit events sounds like it was great especially since it was at the Detroit Auto Show and all that entails.

I was invited to the Chicago event. From talking to the registration people the remaining events are much more limited. The Chicago event is separate from the auto show and has no access to the show. It is confined to a 3 hour event that was described to me as; meet and greet, dinner, presentation of the 2010 Prius, and then a Q&A.

This would still be a great opportunity to see the 2010 Prius up close and meet some of the people here at Prius Chat and Toyota. For me it was too short of an event to justify traveling across the country to attend.

4. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It sounds to me like the description you have sounds pretty accurate. "meet and greet, dinner, presentation of the 2010 Prius, and then a Q&A." Anyone nearby you should definitely attend.

But I could understand not wanting to drive so far just for a three hour event.

As far as Detroit... No one got passes to the Auto Show as part of the Detroit event. (Although some people purchased them separately and went on another day.)

The Chicago event is kind of like Detroit in that it occurs just prior to the Auto Show. The Chicago Auto show is Feb 13-22.

5. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I imagine that you'll be heading to Salt Lake City..... Capital of the fuel effecient "left" February 12th then?

6. marzprius

marzprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm guessing it will at least be on display at the 2nd tier shows, i.e. end of Feb. in Cleveland?

7. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Prius Team,

I went to Prius Connection Detroit, but nonetheless I applied for and would very much like to go to the New York City showing.

However, because I went to PCD, I definitely don't want to take anyone's space at the New York City showing.

So, kindly move me to the back of the line for the New York City showing, and let me in only if there's room (I can promise not to eat/drink if that'll help).

Thanks.

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Folks,
    Despite the fact that these events are significantly scaled back versions of the Prius Connection Detroit event a few of us had the opportunity to attend, I STRONGLY encourage you to consider these events if they are within your reach. Toyota runs a nice party and you should have a chance to rub elbows with many people in the know.

If you follow this site closely you're probably aware of some special benefits that those of us who attended the PCD event have enjoyed. I would imagine that others signing up for these events would likely get to enjoy those benefits as well....but that is merely speculation on my part, Toyota has not confirmed that. And yes I'm being intentionally vague, but those who frequent PC will know what I'm talking about.

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Would it be considered greedy if I signed up to attend the Chicago event?

Let me rephrase that, "is it greedy that I just signed up for the Chicago event?"

10. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I signed up for New York event as well. I still have more questions and there are things I did not get to try in Detroit.

11. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    To any other NY'ers going to the NYC one I'll see ya' there!

12. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    While you are there, find out:
    Is the 12V battery still weak, hard to jump, expensive to change?
    Are there any "secret" compartments/drawers?
    Does the backup beep still sound INSIDE the car, rather than OUTSIDE, if there is one?
    Is there a confirmation beep when you lock the car using the fob? I don't remember hearing one in Detroit when Danny was trying things, but I might have missed it.
    Verify that it isn't my imagination that the A-pillars are narrower, please :p

13. techman01

techman01 New Member

I applied for the NYC event as well, hope I'm selected can't wait to see it!!!

14. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Whoo hoo - I can't wait! Any other DC area folks planning on going, assuming we make the cut?

I'm really hoping they have an actual 2010 car there. Does anyone know for sure?

Dave

15. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Will there be all 3 packages to see at all 3 locations?

16. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    While your there ,ask about the traction control. I'm wondering if they made any improvements.

17. JHSmith

JHSmith 2020 Avalon Hybrid Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just submitted my request for the DC show.:cheer2:
    Hopefully I'll be lucky and get selected. (Unfortunately, they only asked if I owned a Prius and not a Toyota hybrid , like a TCH.):pout:

Since I'm only 60 (non-rush-hour :car:) minutes south of DC, it'll be a "quick" trip for me. (May just play tourist for the entire day. :whoo: )

18. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    the New PCD ?? is D still applicable?? (well Prius DC or PDC i could see for one of the events...)

but anyway, it still sounds the same. it will be 3 hours hosted with bar, tons of cool food, 3 Pri's to look at, a half dozen people in the know to quiz...

if i had not gone to Detroit, i might not have gone to this, but knowing what i know, i would most definitely go especially if its not that much of a drive for you to get to one of those places.

kinda disappointed that Seattle area which has to rank in the top 3 for most Pri owners was not included, but then again, i probably would not be allowed to go anyway...

19. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Rae,

The 12V auxiliary battery is located in the same place (right rear fender) and is the same physical size. The main relay/fuse box still has the dedicated positive jumpstart terminal.

Therefore I conclude that the 2010 Prius will be as easy to jumpstart (and as easy to damage if the jumpstart is botched) as the current 2G model.

20. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Yes and that's a shame. Perhaps it calls for another 2010 Prius thread on 'things they could have fixed but didn't'. The other one I'd like to mention is better notification/engine protection in case of loss of engine lubrication. Not that so many Prius engine blocks have siezed, but still...