1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Team invites you to meet the 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Prius Team, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Picasso Moon

Picasso Moon Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'd be interested in the available head room with the sun roof and height adjustable seat. Head room is my probably my biggest concern in a vehicle because if there isn't enough it doesn't matter how great a car is if your head is hitting to roof it is an instant deal killer. I have about 1" - 1 1/2" in the current car but hoping for a little more in the G3. The sunroof will take away some but I'm hoping the new height adjustable seat will be able to make up the difference.

2. Picasso Moon

Picasso Moon Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Deleted - double post

3. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'll be at the DC event.

4. techman01

techman01 New Member

I'll be at the NY event, got my invite : )

5. DotComCTO

DotComCTO New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Woo hoooo! I got in to the NYC event. I really didn't expect to get in (long time lurker at Prius Chat), but I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring anyway. Lo and behold I got my Willy Wonka Golden Ticket email this morning! :eek:

Looking forward to meeting some of the folks from the forum...and getting up close and personal with the 2010 Prius, too. :D

Yay me!

:cool:

--DotComCTO

P.S. Off topic question...is it normal for my local dealer to ask for $500 to get on the wait list for the 2010 Prius (which they won't get for some time). Doesn't seem right given the economy. I have to part with $500 for many months just to get on the wait list.

6. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Well now I know I've really drunk the kool-aid, flying all the way to Chicago to see a car I already know more than enough about. My wife is doing this: :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me whether it would be cutting it close to arrive at Ohare at 3:52 PM and try to get downtown to a hotel and to RiverArts Centre by 6:00 PM? Google says 26 minutes or 40 minutes in traffic, but I've been in Chicago during rushhour, so I'm not sure about that.

FYI, I just got an e-mail indicating additional spots available in Chicago.

7. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You will be very happy you went. I guarantee it.

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well done...take another sip...it's good for you, really!! You'll have a great time.

9. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I got an invite to the Chicago event, but can not afford the cost involved to get there from Austin Texas. I asked them if they are coming to Texas, but I did not see that on the list :(

Oh, well for the Gen 2 2004: I got to see it... drive it.. and really give it a look over when the "Prius Team" came to Austin, Tx..

I still even have my name badge that they made for me

maybe they might make a trip down to Dallas or Houston.

But gang, if you get the chance to go... at all means GO

10. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

Having flown through Chicago O'Hare dozens of times, I wouldn't cut it that close. The smallest weather delay backs up O'Hare for hours and February is not a good time to cross your fingers and hope for good weather in Chicago.

Why drive downtown? The "L" Blue Line goes right downtown from O'Hare. If you transfer to the Red Line Grand Station is only 5 to 6 blocks from the Art Center.

11. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I don't mean to sound ungtateful, but is there any plans to meet the 2010 Prius for us Prius-ites out west? May I suggest Los Angeles, San Diego, or Phoenix?

12. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know that there will be events in LA and SF, but I do not know if there will be any extra invites to extend...a lot depends upon how many accepted the initial invites that went out.

13. 200Volts

200Volts Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    San Francisco would be a great location.

I signed up for the Chicago event since I'll be traveling in that area.

Hey Toyota, I have over 200k miles on my 04 & 06 Priuses. If you want some input from a degreed engineer who drive 1k miles/week, get a hold of me.

14. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Good point on the weather. I booked the early flight. Looks like I'll have plenty of time to sightsee. Hope the hotel lets me stash my stuff somewhere till check-in time. Too bad there's no late flight back. You want me to <gasp> walk to and from subway stations? OK, maybe I'll try it (Chicago Transit suggests switching to bus at the blue Grand station, but I think I like your idea better).

15. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Driving up from the Outer Banks to DC on Monday. woot.

16. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Boo, you are a living god. I seem to recall you were one of the generous many who helped me to attend PCD. And once again you allow others to go ahead of you, my hero!

Everyone this thread applies to, take advantage of this oportunity, you will be glad you did. Toyota run a great show and you might even meet the legend, Boo. If Erica is there please pass on my regards.

17. JoeyJoeJoShabadoo Jr

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ill be at the NYC event! Anybody know how many people will be there?

18. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm in & looking forward to seeing some of our NJ members. One of the offered invites is my other ticket.

19. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm in for the NYC event (notwithstanding my request to be put in the back of the line). So I'm really looking forward to seeing other New York/New Jersey/Connecticut Prius people next week.

20. rg3design.com

rg3design.com Junior Member

I just got my invite this morning to the event. I'll be there. It will be fun to mingle with other Prius owners and see what Toyota has in store for us. This should be a fun night out!