1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Team: provide process, once order has been submited

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by XMAN LIVE, May 26, 2009.

1. Peppito

Peppito New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Same here guys! I placed my order at Ray Brandt Toyota (New Orleans Metro area) on Aug 7th for a IV w/ roof...$500 deposit. I contact my salesman once every few weeks or so. Went visit him at the dealership last weekend. He told me "they're doing everything they can, but they're not seeing a time frame, yet." Ugh! :sick:

I was told that I am 5th on the order list (I'm the only one that ordered the roof). The salesman (good guy who has been great to deal with throughout the year) is seemingly just as confused as I am. I don't know what's going on with the dealership and region, but there's been a lot of enlightening info regarding these situations on this thread.

I, like "mindmachine" and many others KNOW what we want, and we're sticking with it. I'm not going to settle for anything else. There are many Gen IIIs on the local lots that I could drive away with today, but, this is the car that suits me. With that said, and from the posts in this topic, it looks like we're going to be waiting for awhile...
    ...and I hope "awhile" means "not much longer". :pray: Goodluck y'all!

2. RodJo

RodJo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You should have luck if you are willing to look around and maybe travel. Many people who had ordered Prii decided to take something else during the Cash for Clunkers orgy, so dealers are getting in unclaimed IV's w/ SR. I recently posted that my dealer had two on its lot (that was 2 weeks ago) and once and a while someone else will make a similar post. So keep looking...

3. Peppito

Peppito New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ahh once again...another good piece of advice on this thread. Thanks RodJo! That's what I like too see! :)

4. maomao

maomao New Member

Model:
    V
    V with ATP is rare. I ordered a Sandy Beach, which is even more rare. I put $500 depostit at a local dealer on July 25, still no car today. I am afraid that I will have to wait until after X'mas. But luckily I found one in New Jersey last week. I put a deposit of $500, and I will go there next weekend (Oct. 10th) to pick up. I only need to pay a one-way car rental from Hertz for a total cast of $152 (of course I have to put $280 miles on my new Prius). I guess that's not bad at all, considering the $400 price increase across ALL Prius models effective after Oct. 18.
    There are only 9 days to wait. Yeah! :cheer2:
    So, shopping around within 300 miles may be a solution for you. Some good dealers would help you to search, although they will not get any profit by doing so.