1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius three vs four

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Bw2082, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Bw2082

Bw2082 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi...I'm new here and am going to be using April's today. I can't decide between the three and the four. They're basically the same right besides the power heated seats and "leather" and better speakers right? My dealership has a 4 for 29850 minus 2500 and 0 financing for 60 months. Or there is the three for about 3000 less. Which would you choose? I do like the seats in the 4 but a, having a hard time justifying that for the extra price. Is there some other difference I am missing? Thansk

2. MPGnutcase

MPGnutcase Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 4 and luv it, I don't ever get cloth seats plus I would miss the heated seats in the winter............. :)

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!:) what does 'going to be using April's today' mean?

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Keep in mind the power seat can change tilt by pressing the front of the power button. Mechanical seat tilt is non-adjustable and it's a bit of issue for me (didn't have power seat in 2011). I'd like to lower bottom front edge slightly so I could bring seatback up a notch, but not possible with '6-way mechanical seat'.

Four also has power adjustable lumbar while Three seatback doesn't have much lumbar curve plus non-adjustable.

I'll never buy a car with cloth seats again, whether new or used. Soon after buying cloth seats, I always seek to cover them up which leads to custom covers ordered online and such. A pain. I prefer the feel of leather but I wouldn't buy dark leather, only light. Darker feels somewhat warmer.

Two more speakers in Four, also amplifier under the seat for stronger lows and highs. Not sure how much good sound matters at highway speed with bit high road noise, but JBL is better than base sound.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    most people get a II instead of a III and install a better head unit. doesn't the IV have anything else? no electric seat?

6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Yes, four gets autodimming/Homelink rearview mirror, not sure if HDD nav or if that's part of fancy option package (maybe part of solar package?).

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thank you, seems worth the extra 3k to me. i would shop around for better discounts though.

8. jgilliam1955

jgilliam1955 Sometime your just gotta cry! 2013 Prius 4.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Look at Koon's Toyota they show there internet price. Shop the internet with in a few hundred miles. May find better deals.

9. Bw2082

Bw2082 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

auto correct gone wrong... it means I am going to buy a prius today. Anyway I decideed to get the 3 with the moon roof option and love it so far. Got blizzard pearl with light gray interior

jgilliam1955 likes this.
  10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)