1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Touring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rustypipes8, Oct 26, 2014.

1. rustypipes8

rustypipes8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OK. I am a newbie. I have been following for about a year since I bought my first Prius. Bought in September of 2013 from a Private owner with 68K. My Prius was just totalled with 85K. I believe it was package 2. This car was just totalled by the insurance company after front end damage (bent frame)

I am going to be looking at and hopefully buying my new prius 2008 with 102K on it. Yeah I know why would I buy one with more miles. I am getting alot better price and want to lower my loan payment. The vehicle in question has ALL Toyota service records including the most recent 100K in June of this year.

I bought a 04 Camry from the dealer before in June of this year and is a great vehicle. He is a small time dealer that cherry picks trade ins at higher end dealers in his area....Volvo BMW etc.... he got this car from the Volvo dealer and is reselling.

I have read alot about the Touring models and how few there are, but this seems to fit the bill but it gets strange as the Toyota Dealership records show it as a standard. He did not advertise as a touring but I suspect it may be.......at least it seems to have all the features.

HID headlights (per maintenance records)...............check
    16 inch wheels with 7 spokes check
    extended spoiler............check
    struts (pink and red stripe) check
    springs ( blue paint markings) check
    fog lights..............check

I have read as much as I can find on here. If he advertised as a touring model I would have no reservation EXCEPT that on the service records it identifies it as a standard. I know sometimes the VINs can pull up the incorrect option packages or things can be added later. For example when my vehicle was totaled the VIN did not pull the back up camera, which an adjustment needed to be made to my claim. I think I may call the dealerhip that serviced the vehicle since day one and see if they have any thoughts on this.

Any help would be appreciated.

For those interested........... 2008 Prius my original car 68K. purchased for 11K in 9/13
    Totalled by insurance company 85K 10700 10/14
    2008 Touring?? 102K 9500

Also listing states back up camera, 6 speaker stereo with 6 disc in dash cd changer, stability control..........does not list navigation, but think he took what the VIN pulled. Wondering if it would include navigation with the other options.

#1 rustypipes8, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)

3. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  4. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Our touring doesn't have a nav system or the leather seats - we jsut have the upgraded sound (package 3 I think it was). Touring just means HIDs, revised suspension, and 16"s.