1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Two Eco with Heat-Insulating Windshield - Confirmed

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, Nov 14, 2016.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    but no one has ever seen one, or actually measured any heat. i think it's a marketing scam.

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    The electric element is buried by the condenser/heater rad. Hard to find without taking the whole car apart. And as I posted earlier, it's so wimpy you might not notice its effect, though I suspect it's measurable, otherwise the Toyota engineers wouldn't have put it in there.

The engine would start when that cold to warm up the cat. It would run perhaps 40 sec. or less.

RCO likes this.
  3. GT4Prius

GT4Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Excel
    Can I put in a word for the other guy?

It's really not nice to be dazzled, and obviously it's potentially dangerous too if you can't see where you are going.

If people are flashing they just might be trying to indicate that they are being dazzled.

This happens to me VERY often these days of so may cars having really bright lights.

I even read about car magazines promoting headlight bulbs that are on the high edge of what the law allows (which to my thinking are FAR too bright), as though they are an uncontested good thing, with no mention of the potential effects upon other drivers.

If or when I get a car with v bright lights I will do my best to make sure they don't dazzle other drivers, and I really wish other drivers would take more care to do this too.

Rant finished.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just completed my first evening drive with sun below the horizon and although I could see how bright the lamps were by the kick-up to the nearside it was just possible to see the cut-off line in the middle of the road where I would expect it to be. No driver's flashed me at all, so some Prii may well have misaligned focus beams imho.

krmcg likes this.