1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius V 2 or Camry Hybrid XLE

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by jlflick, Mar 19, 2012.

1. jlflick

jlflick New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm replacing my '08 Corolla LE w/110K on it. No problems yet, I want to go out on a good note and get a good trade value for it.

I'm torn between the 2 above choices. I want a lower-tech edition of either, but I would have to get the XLE to get the back up camera, which I've found to be very useful in my 2011 Outback. No Entune, bluetooth etc. needed.

I'm looking at a V 2 w/floor mats, and again the XLE with only the convenience package and floor mats.

Both are close in mpg, in ratings and Fuelly. Not enough difference to lock me into one or the other.

Help please?

Thanks

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I am all about cargo space, so the v is my easy choice, is it a issue for you?

Looked at from the other angle, it is almost a sure bet the Camry is quieter, as the trunk is not continuous with the interior. Is that an issue?

3. agilityv

agilityv New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    With us it was all about cargo room. For that reason alone the Camry simple would not work for us. From the cargo stand point I don't think they are like vehicles.

So capacity was the criteria we used for our vehicle purchase. That is why we choose the v. If we didn't need the extra interior room we certainly would have considered the Camry. They are both excellent vehicles. Your wont go wrong with either car. Good luck!

4. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If you don't need to haul things around, the Camry Hybrid wins hands down. It's more powerful and rides better. It's also faster than your Forester.

5. jlflick

jlflick New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I service copiers, and probably will for another year or two, so a trunk is good for parts. No one's ever sat in my back seat for boxes.

Actually for utility and hauling, my other car is an '11 Outback. Seats go down to afford 2x lumber and 10' mouldings and copper pipe so far. Massive area with seats down in back, bigger than I expected.

That being said, I guess it's down to driving both and ponying up a bit more for the Camry if I like it?

We looked at Foresters first but the Outback rode much better and I guess a little more luxury is in my sights?