1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius V 2012 Radio Troubleshooting Help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jamie L, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Jamie L

Jamie L Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hi there, everyone.

We bought a used 2012 Prius V. Everything on it is good, however the radio was not working properly. We thought that it was the overall unit so - after disconnecting and checking the fuse connections on the first - we purchased another one and hooked it up. It worked...at first. And now seems to be having the same problem. At this point, the audio doesn't seem to be working at all. It just states "Audio Off" after I tried to turn the audio on and off again. It will not play the radio or music. For now, it seems the back up camera and navigation work fine. Overall, the buttons seem like they work only intermittently.

I am wondering - if not a problem with the actual console, what other problem could it be? Might it be a problem with the computer (gasp) or with fuses? Any thoughts from anyone?

Best,

J.

2. JayRock_PHX

JayRock_PHX Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Have you tried upgrading the software in it? My Prius v had an issue with Bluetooth and the radio turning off randomly. All has been fine upon updating software. Do a search on google.