1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius V 5 ATP question about Speed Dial for Phone, while driving???

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by dfine1966, Jul 19, 2012.

1. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I have a 2007 Prius and my wife use to have a 2007 Sienna (now with her brand new Prius V). With the Prius and the Sienna, when the cars were moving, if you hit the phone button on the steering wheel, the Speed Dial would come right up. That doesn't seem to be working on my wife's brand new Red Prius V 5 with ATP. When she is driving her Prius V, she hits the phone button on the steering wheel and the phone dialer comes up, with all the other menu items on that, including Speed Dial. I takes her a few seconds to find the Speed Dial button, then she has to find who she is dialing. This, I believe, is too long to look away from the road and is a big safety issue.

Is there a way to change it so the speed dial will come up right away when you hit the phone button on the steering wheel while the car is moving? If this is the way Toyota designed it to work, then this was a major blunder, which could cause a major safety problem.

Thanks

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Better to learn the voice dialing like "call carol mobile" or call "home depot". It works pretty good and you just hit the voice button on the steering wheel.

3. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I agree. I could never quite figure out why they named it "speed" dialing when it took longer to get to that screen than just about anything else.

But, as we all know, the voice commands aren't always totally accurate, either. Every time I say, "Go home" it comes back and says "Oklahoma." Cracks me up every time.

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Say "Favorite Home"

5. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Yup, I found that out, thanks! But sometimes I just need the laugh...