1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v (alpha) failure to get in ready mode

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by Bj eyedoc, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Bj eyedoc

Bj eyedoc New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    Touring
    IMG_2106.PNG Dear all.
    I am using a Prius alpha here in Pakistan which is the same car as Prius v in United States. Mine is a 2013 make and only done 24000 kilometres. One morning when I pushed the start button all the lights on the console lit up, Ready light showed for a second and after the release of the power button ready light disappeared and most of the lights on the console remained lit up and the car won't start. The combustion engine won't start and the car won't get in drive or reverse mode. There are no proper Prius hybrid experts in my city but Toyota engineers ran scanner and it showed error code p31AB on it. Inspire of our best efforts we have failed to reset any errors and the cars is isq. I am posting a picture of how the dash appears. Please guide me where should we go from here.
    Thanks.

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Check the auxiliary 12V battery voltage at rest and under startup load. Betting it's past its change-by date.

3. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  4. Khalid Jamal Khan

Khalid Jamal Khan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    hello
    i got the same problem error code P31AB, C1259, C1310, U0129, I take of hybrid battery (li-ion) from my prius plus the face voltage was 211v, i discharge til 200 and then charge again 224v and live the battery for 13 to 18 hours for self balancing and charge the 12v auxiliary battery to ready my Prius.

Ohid likes this.
  5. Ohid

Ohid Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    N/A
    What your Li-ion battery status now? Are the problems gone? How did you charge the Li-ion e?