1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v bluetooth problem with iPhone 4s.

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Chuckher, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Chuckher

Chuckher New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2013 Prius v and an iPhone 4s. I have had the phone and car for the same amount of time, and the blue tooth has worked flawlessly until about two weeks ago. I press the "Call" button on the steering wheel, just as I always have, and ask for a contact by name and phone type ("Call Joe Jones, mobile") nothing happens for about a minute or so, then I get the screen asking what type of command I want. If I say "Phone commands" nothing happens. I have to touch the phone command line, then touch the by name command, then I can repeat the name I want called and it will complete the call.
    Sometimes it gives me the "This name is not in the contact list." statement. I have to pull over and select the contact on the phone, then the call goes thru Ok.
    I have removed the phone from the bluetooth on the car, then reconnected it several times, i have also refreshed the contact list several times. Why would it suddenly start acting up like this?

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Make sure the air conditioning fan is not higher than about 1/2. The noise it makes will sometimes garble the voice commands. Once it misses a command altogether, hit the steering wheel "hang up" button to cancel and then start over. Speak faster rather than slower. It does not like slowly spoken commands.