1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v Five - Did it come with solar roof, radar cruise, etc? When?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by SBCA_CA, Sep 1, 2017.

1. SBCA_CA

SBCA_CA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Also, how can I tell?

I know on the Gen 3 models, at least for the radar cruise, there are extra buttons on the right side of the steering wheel. I haven't seen that on any v wagons for sale online yet, for example.

Thanks!

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I believe they were still options on that trim.

3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    ATP (including those functions) was an option on the v Five..

4. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    AFAIK, the v wagon was never offered with a solar roof even as an option; too much weight (and costs) I suppose.

There may be confusion as the Prius liftback in the V (capital) edition was available with solar and lots of other tech.

5. SBCA_CA

SBCA_CA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How would I know if a v wagon had the Advanced Technology Package on top of the Five trim? For example, would it show up on Toyota's VIN decoder?

If so, what would it say?

Thanks!

6. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Sorry, I have no good answer. There's is too much confusion in search results from the v, V, or five that they are almost useless. BTDT I've had OK results by finding a particular visual clue like fog lights or a wheel style or size. Dealer ads can be particularly misleading and the Toyota owners site doesn't give a breakdown of options or trims either (at least with mine or all the other VIN's I've entered).

GOOD LUCK!

7. SBCA_CA

SBCA_CA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Would the existence of the dynamic radar cruise button(s) on the right side of the steering wheel indicate that that car comes with the entire Advanced Technology Package?

If so, on a Five trim v wagon with ATP, are there any other options? (I'm looking for a top spec v wagon)

8. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    That's exactly what I was looking for a couple of years ago when shopping and that's my understanding (DRCC=ADV package on the v) and that was the visual clue I'd look for.

9. benkhanobi

benkhanobi Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had been searching for just such a V wagon- I can find a Prius V Five, without the radar cruise, but never saw one with it on a dealer's lot. I at looking at all V Fiver's now

10. SBCA_CA

SBCA_CA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting!

And, in general, for all the years that the v wagon has been in production here in the US - 2012 to now - If I was looking at a v wagon in Five trim with the ATP - Are there any other factory options available, or is that pretty much it?

11. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Oh there are more but I've forgotten them. DRCC was THE option I was looking for in a wagon and finally determined that our regional importer wasn't bringing in the five with ADV so would have had to go out of state or get a local dealer to bring one in, etc (thus no "deals"). So, we ended up with an Outback with the eyesight package (no regrets).

Are you using cars.com to search? You can select "adaptive cruise control" as a filter (only shows 3 in the US) but remember that's only as good as the data entered by seller. That's why I still used visual clues.

12. SBCA_CA

SBCA_CA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope, I'm using some other sites, but, with the same issue. Any filters, including trim level, are only as good as the seller's data entry, which is almost always terrible.

I have found many v wagon Five trims that are not Five trims according to Toyota's VIN decoder, for example.

13. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I found the VIN decoder to be pretty useless for purpose of trim level determination, at least in the initial 2012 model year.

14. SBCA_CA

SBCA_CA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well that just makes it all the harder to shop for just the right vehicle. Thanks, Toyota. Not.