1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v Five w/ ATP discussion thread: Entune & Multimedia

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Quentin, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, so it has been difficult to get any info for the Advanced Tech Package (ATP) users consolidated in one area.

Phone: iPhone 4

What works:
    - bluetooth audio streaming works flawlessly. Steering wheel buttons change the tracks and volume. Always connects, very easy to swap between my phone and my wife's phone.
    - Audio commands when the phone is connected via USB but NOT connected via bluetooth
    - Cover art works when connected via USB
    - Track, artist, and album browsing work when connected via USB. Touching the current playing track brings up the next songs in the queue, which is really nice.

What doesn't:
    - Entune in general since the late August app update. Before I could get it to work about half the time when I was plugged in via USB and the phone connected via bluetooth. Now it is a rare, rare case that I can get it to work at all. One thing I noticed is that when the iPod was unable to initialize, the Entune rarely connects. If the iPod, for who knows what reason, actually connects, I have pretty good luck w/ the Entune apps.
    - iPod feature when bluetooth is turned on. They seem to fight over where the audio is being sent and confuse the phone.

2. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Updated to ios6 last night. Full iPod controls via Bluetooth streaming on the iPhone now!! So much win! Basically everything you got, short of album artwork, when connected by USB is now available via Bluetooth.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348146678.811671.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348146752.946717.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348146769.392148.jpg

3. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I've noticed more consistent connections with Entune since the iOS 6 update. And, for your note about iPod not working, make sure you're switching the audio output to the correct path on the phone. It's probably routing to BT instead of the dock connector, or just the opposite.

4. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife had the v today, so I didn't get to mess with Entune this morning. I just got in the car long enough to snap these pics and move to the other side of the driveway. I kept getting "iPod authorization failed" popping up on the nav screen when I'm connected by USB. Dock Connector isn't listed as an option on the iPhone screen when I would get the iPod authorization failure. It charges, but nothing else. I'm taking the v to work tomorrow, so I'll see if things have improved with iOS 6.

5. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Do a reset of the phone. I used to get that error but haven't seen it yet with iOS 6. The reset seemed to help get it out of a bad state.

6. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Entune actually worked well with iOS 6. Unfortunately, the deep music controls don't seem to work. I fear there isn't enough bandwidth on the Bluetooth.

7. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Which controls? I don't have any problems with the Bluetooth browsing other than a delay in the information being shown.

8. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Browsing artist, album, and song seems to bring the system to a halt. I do have 3500 songs on my phone, though. The playlists work flawlessly.

9. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Entune works much better with iOS 6. The head unit remains a bit buggy when relating with the iPhone. It is functional, at least.

10. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, so running on my iPhone 4, w/ iOS 6, Entune was running like a dream. It was even working without the cord plugged in! My iPhone 5 arrived today and the app does nothing but crash. Doh!

11. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    App working after a delete and reinstall of the app. We'll see if it continues to run wireless.

12. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah, it seems after doing a restore the app crashes, but a reinstall fixes it.

13. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ran fine wirelessly this morning. It is really running the way I expected Entune to run from the beginning. Runs quite good on the 5.