1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v Fog Light Kit Coming

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Danny, Nov 23, 2011.

1. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi CD,
    Sorry not to respond sooner, but lost the thread.

Sure, you can hook up the "mini-buss" but that certainly seems overkill in my judgement. As long as you are running the standard 55w halogens, I don't see a need. I believe the fuse-box power has a 10 or 15 amp fuse on it and that is certainly enough.

I assume since you know about the discussion with Fore that you saw the wiring diagrams that were in the thread? There was another member that suggested it could be done with one relay but I never did try that myself.

Hope this helps.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. cdrom

cdrom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Spiderman, yes, this was helpfull and my thanks.

4. cdrom

cdrom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Spiderman - Just noted to pass along that between your excellent guide and that from Danny's 2010 Prius Fog Light instructions really helped me getting mine installed. Besides slight differences in the engine fuse box and actual fog light location all instructions were the same, including connecting to the light tan/brown wire in the fuse box next to parking brake. I went with Antech5' s recommendation of getting an Sienna Van 2011-12 OEM fog light kit, from EBay (Danny, I would have bought from the Prius Shop if available). The wiring harness in that kit is exactly like the one for the 2010 Prius (Gen III) kit. Only difference is changing the power wire connector from a battery connection to a 1/4 inch clip and placing on open slot at upper position in engine fuse box. Only glitch I had was the kit from EBay having a bad H11 bulb. Granted its not lighting up rather freaked me out about whether I'd hooked rest of wiring up properly but it was just bad bulb. Also, kudos for support from Antechamber 5 and Fore.

5. mhendrixcap

mhendrixcap Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Any update on when this will become available?

6. Mac Prius

Mac Prius Mod Junkie

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    There are many of us who have already found alternate solutions to getting the fog lights. Based on recommendations by other v owners I went here to get the kit:
    Toyota of McDonough Parts — 00016-47650 Toyota Prius V Fog Light Kit 2012

Received them promptly and the kit has everything you need for install. I did not attempt to install myself and had the dealer take care of it. My San Diego dealer was surprised I even had them since they did not have a source for these even though the dealer in Georgia had them. Took about two hours of install time so calculate what your dealers hourly cost is for total cost. More than I wanted to pay for install but I would have ended up spending more than two hours if I tried to install myself. Came out great.

7. PriusTom61

PriusTom61 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you for this information. I sent mine out after ordering them on Amazon. I also didn't install them myself as the winter months didn't allow me the time. Long Radio in West Springfield, MA did a great job. They turn on only when the headlights are on and work great.

8. antech5

antech5 Member

9. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can you tell me how to change the foglight bulbs for the V?

10. antech5

antech5 Member

go behind the fog light from under the car after you have remove the splash shield out of the way, unplug the wire harness from the bulb housing, give the bulb a twist counter clockwise about a 1/4 turn and pull out . re-install in reverse order, careful not to touch the actual glass bulb with your fingers when you re-install. It is a standard 55 Watt, H11 replacement bulb, dealer sells them for $28 each, go to walmart and pick up a sylvania halogen H11 bulb it is much cheaper .

11. antech5

antech5 Member

I called the dealer, it is a H11 bulb.

12. ImeanGreen

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you so much. I'm actually replacing the bulb with a putco jet yellow bulb and reaim the foglight - too low. I know toyota must have followed the SAE rulebook when aiming it. But for a vehicle that is low to the ground, it is not as functional. Bought the jet yellow bulb for $19 and I believe it is one of the best out there as far as color is concerned. Better than PIAA ion crystal and nokya bulbs.

Guys, do yourself a huge favor. Reaim the foglights to the level of the lights from the ground. You'll see a huge difference.

13. antech5

antech5 Member

you are right about the poor fog light angle, I have adjusted mine low already. I have not gone with the yellow bulbs since cops do not like those and I don't want to give them a reason to pull me over. In california I rarely have to use my fog lights anyways.

14. ImeanGreen

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It should be legal to use yellow bulbs for foglights in CA if I'm not mistaken. Try this adjustment. Park you car in a level surface and about 10 ft. away from a wall or your garage door. Turn your foglights on. Measure the height from the ground to the top of your foglight housing. Make sure you cover your headlights so all you see is the beam pattern of your foglight. Go to the wall or your garage door and measure the cut off height from the ground and try to get the same height you measured from the ground to the top of the foglights and go down half an inch.