1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius V Fuel Capacity

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Kismet4G, Jan 2, 2012.

1. mcmoyer

mcmoyer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I never ran out of gas. The filling station was right there so I stopped on the way home from work, otherwise, I might have gone further.

My orange indicator usually comes on right at 16 miles left on the range. I usually have 1 bar on the fuel gauge at that time. I think the last bar blinked out when I was about 2 miles past the range of "0 miles"

I guess my '08 Prius conditioned me to not worrying about the indicators. It would tell me I was out of fuel after 8 gallons, but I always just multiplied my current mpg for the tank by 10 and drove it until then. It was normal for me to go 580 miles in the '08 before I filled up and to have driven with the low fuel indicator for ~100 miles. I just wish the V's computer was as accurate as my '08 was! The calculated mileage from the fuel up in that photo was only 53.6mpg

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I routinely run down to point where it takes 10.5 gallons, once around 11.0 gallons. Never ran out. The manual says capacity of 11.9 gallons.