1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v III for $28,687 out the door

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by atpham809, Nov 8, 2011.

1. atpham809

atpham809 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is this a good deal. I am ready to pull the trigger on this car. Package III with standard option.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    seems high, but it would be helpful if you told us how much under msrp. out the door means different things to different people.

1 person likes this.
  3. atpham809

atpham809 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I got a quote from truecar for $26,531 before tax and Lic. A dealer called me and said they could do better. She told me after T/L it would be $28,687. I don't have the msrp numbers here.

4. pdp

pdp New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Maybe I'm sucker but that seems pretty reasonable to me, especially in CA where tax is over 8% and close to 9% in many areas. My wife and I were willing to pay $29500 out the door (whih is roughly $26600-$26700 sticker in the area we live) for a blizzard pearl v 3, which cost a few hundred more because of the paint color. Again, perhaps we're suckers so any other comments would be helpful before we make a purchase.

PS out the door to me means the entire sum, taxes, license and fees paid (cash buy) and we drive off with no other financial obligations

5. Rverma01

Rverma01 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I think that is a pretty good price. I bought a Prius V3 on Saturday for $27,300 + TTL. So, total came out to exactly $29,000 (which was as much as I was going to be willing to spend). I am in Georgia and TrueCar's best price here was what I got. I was very pleased with the price and it looks like you've done a little better than I did.

6. atpham809

atpham809 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks members for your input. pdp out the door is the price after everything has been calculated and it would be the price we cut the check for. BTW: Its for my wife. I am only allowed to drive my old Civic.

7. pdp

pdp New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Wow, only $1700 for TTL? Your sales tax must be really low in Georgia compared to California.

The more I think about it, $28687 out the door in California is a pretty darn good deal considering you got a better out the door price than Rverma01 and tax in CA is significantly higher than GA. I'm going to have to ask you where you got this deal and if it's close enough to me, I might check out the same dealer. If you don't want to post it, please PM me, thanks!

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i know what it is, but it is different in every state. you can't change the tax and title fees, so it's more helpful to know msrp and net price before adding those things on.

9. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    out the door pricing is a little counterproductive to post

I have said it before .. and will say it again: It's just silly to post "out the door" pricing when folks from 50 states read the forums and every state's different in their fees and taxes etc.

Post what you paid for the car itself and you're going to get better, clearer advice.

1 person likes this.
  10. pdp

pdp New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Re: out the door pricing is a little counterproductive to post

Looking at it from the other way around, say I want to pay no more $29500 out the door here in California. My county sales tax is 8.75%. What would be the "sticker price" of the car with these figures?

11. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium

The average III with mats would sticker at approx 28,200. BTW at your #'s in CA, no workie.

12. pdp

pdp New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

If my numbers won't work, then I'd have to assume the OP is lying or the truecar website is also just BS. Never used Truecar so I don't know how reputable it is.

13. atpham809

atpham809 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My county tax is 7.75%.

14. Rverma01

Rverma01 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    In the County that I live in in GA, Sales Tax is 6%. And the title ended up being around $21.

15. pdp

pdp New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Looks like Truecar.com paid off for me. I found a dealer through it that gave me a below invoice price on a Prius v Three, Blizzard Pearl color. Before TTL it is $26,591. Original factory invoice is $25,288, but that doesn't include 1) destination fees, 2) regional ad fees, 3) floor mats, and 4) the cost for Blizzard Pearl color. However, the $1303 difference is less than the cost of the aforementioned 4 items (destination and ad fees were $1230 alone), so it turned out to be roughly $300 below invoice, give or take a little.

We will be picking it up this Sunday and we'll be happy to share some pictures! If there is anyone in Northern California, or anyone willing to travel to Northern California, who is interested, PM me and I'd be happy (and the dealer will be happy too) to give you more details.

16. atpham809

atpham809 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats pdp. Glad it worked out for you. Super deal! So much for Dianne's (no workie). ; )

17. CandyCanePrincess

CandyCanePrincess New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I bought mine from your area as well. I'm so glad your #s workie for you :) yay!!