1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v (lowercase v) ABS, TRACTION Problem!!! CODE C1465

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by x3mblr, Feb 15, 2016.

1. x3mblr

x3mblr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Hello to all! A month ago, I gave my car for a ride to my friends, and after they came back, I found few lights on my dash- ABS, Traction, Brake. The advanced cruise control doesn't work, and ABS doesn't work as well. When I checked for codes, I found C1465 current - Front Speed Sensor LH Circuit. I changed 2 left speed sensors, but nothing changed, all stays the same.

Any body has any idea, what else could it be???

Thanks!

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  3. x3mblr

x3mblr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    This is what it says on the Scan tool, here is the screen shot.

Maybe I should try to remove the wheel and clean up with some pressured air ???

IMG_2935.PNG

4. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You did clear the codes after the speed sensor replacement? Have you checked the TIS information system for specifics on the code and repair procedures for your car?
    https://techinfo.toyota.com

5. x3mblr

x3mblr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    This Saturday, i removed the wheel, removed the sensor, and cleaned all this area with air pressure, put the sensor back in place, read the code, cleared it, all light were gone, but after about 2 sec of driving , all light are back on, and same code. IMG_3340.PNG

I remember i had a similar problem on my prius C, there was a bad ball bearing, and the shop changed it , after that these light came on, and i couldnt fix the issue until I changed the axle. im thinking maybe something is wrong with an axle???

6. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Have you pulled the techinfo for this code? If not, it only costs $15 for two days access and you can print off (or print to pdf) as much as you like during that time. Otherwise, I think I would take it in to the dealer and let them diagnose it. On mine it seems they had to take off a bearing hub assembly (or something to that effect) which was more labor intensive than just taking off the wheel. I still wonder about that code. Maybe you are working on the wrong thing?

7. x3mblr

x3mblr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I dont know if im doing the right thing, but my scanned definitely doesnt read the speed from this Left front axle, as you can see on the screenshot that i posted.

UPDATE: Spindle was the problem. Replaced the spindle and all light went away.

iPhone ?

8. Khawailad

Khawailad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I washed Prius V with pressure washer and the 3 lights brake symbol, abs & traction symbol came on.
    I thought water got into the connectors since no code showed up on wireless scanner.
    Waited days for it to clear but did not happen.
    Plugged in tech stream and got the same code as above. Lifted up the car on the front jack point, removed front driver side tire and dug into the connector from wheel well. Looked clean, reconnected it, start car, put in drive & both wheels stated to spin but driver side wheel stopped where as passenger side wheel was still spinning with the motor.
    Parked, turned off the car and took out the sensor to clean it.
    Repeated tire drive spin but same result.
    I sprayed brake parts cleaner into the sensor mounting hole before it stopped spinning. Turned off car. Put sensor back but same result.
    Called it an effort and put the wheel back on as I had to go for a drive. Turned out that the lights went off after a little while as I was driving and has not come back on.

Air_Boss likes this.