1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v phev conversion?

Discussion in 'Prius v Fuel Economy' started by benjasik, Oct 16, 2018.

1. benjasik

benjasik Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    We love our v and haven't found another phev with similar storage space yet. Has anyone done a phev conversion with enginer.us or another system and can provide any feedback ?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sorry, no. conversions died with the advent of the pip.
    isn't mitsubishi or someone supposed to have a spacious phev in cali?

3. PriusV17

PriusV17 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Phev conversion with a 3rd party is risky because they can go out of business overnight. And DIY is even more risky because your car can blow up overnight, if you don't know what you're doing or just careless. Best to "hope" that Toyota will come up with a new battery technology that can replace the existing one. Something that will give it more EV range and a plug-in would be nice.

The V is still the best in terms of being a relatively small size wagon/hatchback and large cargo space. It definitely is it's own category.

But the best phev I have seen so far with the best storage space is the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid (PHEV). On a full charge it can go 33 miles on all electric mode with full highway speed and get a 530 mile range on a full tank (16.5 gal) in hybrid mode. You can still qualify for the $7.5k tax credit.

I'm surprised neither Toyota nor Honda came up with a PHEV minivan yet.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid - Fuel Efficient Minivan

2017-Chrysler-Pacifica-Hybrid-PHEF.jpg

2017-chrysler-pacifica-cargo-space1.jpg

pacifica-phev.jpg

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think they are concerned with chryslers sales numbers. they can make any model a hybrid, phev or bev, but few want to buy them

5. PriusV17

PriusV17 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
  6. Kishore

Kishore Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have used Plug in Supply for extending Prius Gen2 which I had and now PiP. I will have my Gen2 battery system for sale (~20+miles EV) since I got another set-up for my PiP (~40mi additional EV). While Rob P (founder) is not actively selling Plug-In Supply set-up, he can help (or you can drive to his place way up north CA). Ping me if you want more info.