1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius V Private Viewing

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by efusco, Apr 28, 2011.

1. ZHH

ZHH New Member

I'm up in North Chicagoland and am considering a V, is this a public event? I'd love to be able to check it out.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If not, there's going to be an event in Chicago as well. See The Prius v wagon is hitting the road, possibly stopping in a town near you | PriusChat.

At those events, they've in the past had other Toyota hybrids available for no sales pressure test drives and give $10-15 gift cards to those who take a test drive (1 per driver) .

3. jpadc

jpadc Type before I think too often

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Went through the photos. Looks like a nice car. What did you think of the rear seat leg room? It looks pretty small in the pictures compared to a Gen II or III and the looks of the cargo space does not seem much larger (given the mammoth ice scraper pics - nice play BTW). Am I miss interpreting the pics?

4. Airbalancer

Airbalancer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks anyway
    Look like it will not fit
    It will not fit in a Venza or Highlander standing up

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to take so long to reply. The leg room in the back seat is HUGE--maybe the photos you were looking at were with the seat in the forward position, but my wife sat back there with the driver's seat as far back as it would go and there was still at least 6 inches b/w the seat and her knees. That's one thing that really did impress me.

The basic 2 dimensional cargo footprint is not much bigger than the 2G/3G Prius with the back seat all the way back. Maybe 6 inches deeper (which is how much longer the v is compared to the 3G in total body length, so that makes some sense). But when you put the seat forward and/or fold down the seats flat and then figure in the much higher roof line they say it has 60 cubic feet more space--I believe that. You could easily get a big screen TV in there and some other pretty big items. It's not a pick up truck, but I think the cargo space would be comparable to our Highlander Hybrid.

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Evan; can you post link to pics. i have a blank screen here...(need new computer) i think its caused by MS conspiracy to sabotage Win XP holdouts

7. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I get a black square. But the header of the frame is clickable and that works for me.

Thanks for the pictures, Evan. I like the colors on the dash. Sounds trivial, but I like them.

There seems to be a smudge on the blue Prius. On the back. Just above the word "Prius". You might want to look into removing that.