1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius V Rear Window Needs replacement

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Rustycory, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Rustycory

Rustycory Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    How do I get my rear door window replaced quickly on my 2012 Prius V 5 in or near Ithaca, NY? I was fooled by my backup camera display which showed the inside of my garage just fine, but did not show that the garage door had not opened all the way. So I backed merrily away:( The garage door opener has never failed in 4 years of use, but today the door was positioned just right to be invisible to the backup camera but totally destroy the Prius rear window.

Appreciate any advice about replacing the glass. Is there a temporary fix I can do or have done that would keep the rain out while waiting for the replacement glass? Thx

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! most auto glass companies should be able to do it tomorrow. usually in your driveway or work. in the meantime, some clear plastic and duct tape, although, there will be residue. painters tape, but it might fall off in rain. all the best!(y)