1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v software version - what does your v have?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by wstt, Jul 29, 2019.

1. wstt

wstt Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    On your touchscreen, if you go to <general> Then page down to the second page and select < system information > , what software version does it show for your vehicle, and what year and model is your vehicle?
    I have a 2012 v 5, and my software version is 2.2.0. I’ve heard others have higher but the dealer says they see no updates in their system for this for my car.
    Thanks in advance for searching for and sharing your vehicles software version number.
    Also, if anyone has had this updated, can you do it yourself? Do dealerships charge for this?

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We have 5.2.0 and have self-updated three times since new. The first, which was an update to firmware and Entune services, Toyota mailed out to us in late 2012, along with a red Toyota USB stick. The rest, I d/l'd from a Toyota Owners group board, and applied the same way as the original.

3. wstt

wstt Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Oh wow, so I can do this myself?
    Which toyota owners board?
    Any instructions / tips would be greatly appreciated.
    It’s crazy how the dealer doesn’t even know about these updates.

4. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  5. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Be careful and follow instructions completely. Some people have bricked their headunits. The nav maps do not update, that costs several hundred at the dealer only.

Air_Boss likes this.
  6. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    To update the map data you buy a card and give it to the service rep who hooks the car up to TIS, inputs the card number and goes and does something else while it updates. Then they present you with a labor bill as big as the data purchase price.

7. wstt

wstt Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Well, I finally got the software updated and convinced the dealer to do it for free. I didn’t notice any benefits to it but it did make a few things worse.
    My iPhone for Waze and google maps audio no longer would come through the car’s speaker via Bluetooth. I was able to fix those by finding a setting in each app that said something like play audio as a Bluetooth phone call. Other apps and functions on my iPhone which played previously out of the iPhones speaker were also no longer listenable. (I think the new update forces Bluetooth for everything so nothing can be heard unless I switch the radio to Bluetooth. The google and ways app fix allows the audio to be heard of the car’s audio source isn’t Bluetooth, but making the audio like an incoming call. )
    The one thing I was trying to fix with the software upgrade is this super annoying banner that appears across the backup cam when I first go to reverse. The banner says something like “audio off” or “audio source” and it appears for a few seconds on the top row of the screen, blocking my view of what’s behind me and making me wait for it to go away. Shen I turn the car on go into reverse, I want to be able to go, not wait for the banner to go away. Oh well. 2012 Prius v.

bisco likes this.
  8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    leave it to toyota...

9. JayRock_PHX

JayRock_PHX Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just updated my entune unit when bt would keep showing off and not able to turn on. Also it kept freezing and resetting so I found out that there was update to mine. I guess i had the original first firmware since car was a one owner. I put the new one. Pretty simple. Use a usb stick. Download the update. Put it in. Leave it alone to update and done.

Air_Boss likes this.
  10. GabrielD

GabrielD Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    V
    With all due respect, I did update for my map, from an USB stick, following instructions sent by mail...

11. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The Nav Head firmware, or the map data itself? Map data is many more GB than any commercially available memory stick.

12. GabrielD

GabrielD Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    V
    Map data...
    I mean, from a map version 2018, now I have 2019 first quarter...

13. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Eh?

Most automotive GPS systems are working with <16Gb of map data. Some of the older ones did fine with 2Gb. You can get 128Gb USB sticks in grocery stores now.

djasonw likes this.
  14. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Depends on the map granularity/detail, I suppose. Garmin files are substantially larger.