1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v stopping distance

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by wstt, Sep 10, 2013.

1. wstt

wstt Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Anyone think the stoppong distance and pedal effort required is a little poor?
    Has anyone seen any braking distance numbers for the 2 or 3 compared to the 5? I wonder if the 5 stops much quicker(shorter distance) with its wider tires.

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I have no complaints. If anything it gets a bit grabby if you stand on it. It does take getting used to though, the transition from regenerative braking to hydrolic isn't always predictable. And being electronic you don't get pedal feedback.

3. jonb505

jonb505 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    2012 Toyota Prius V Three vs. 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI Comparison Test
    Judging by the pictures in the article it looks like they are testing a prius v 5 with 17" wheels?
    if u look around google you might find another braking test with a base model..? i would think they are pretty close though.

Quote from the article:
    If you've ever had to lay on the brakes and make a panic stop(I've done so a couple of times to avoid deer running across the highway) the Prius v has plenty of braking power. It may not have the same feel of some conventional automobiles, but rest assured there's plenty of stopping power there when you need it. And as mentioned above, more resistant to brake fade because of the regen braking. (y)

4. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Also keep in mind it has ABS so you may feel it pulsing on hard braking, which is normal.