1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v suddenly lost Bluetooth connection

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by BubbleDogs, May 21, 2012.

1. BubbleDogs

BubbleDogs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Bluetooth in my Prius V lost the connection with my iPhone 4S. I do not think I have done anything but I noticed that the bluetooth started not to pick up incoming phone calls.

I deleted the iPhone from the Bluetooth to start a new, and now it cannot find any bluetooth device even if Ihave my iPhone right there.

I've read that there have been problems between iPhone and Bluetooth, but it had been working fine inthe last 2 mos.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

2. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Have you restarted the iPhone after the deletion? W

3. BubbleDogs

BubbleDogs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, I did. And the bluetooth still could not find it. :eek:

4. BubbleDogs

BubbleDogs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Should I "forget this device" on iPhone??

5. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Definitely! Then restart it. Remove all traces of each other on each side, restart, pair letting the car lead the process. So far our 2 v both with the display radio have been stable with our iPhone 4s'. Yes I know geeky to extremes. :D
    W

1 person likes this.
  6. BubbleDogs

BubbleDogs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks! I will try it tomorrow morning!:)

7. Kaveh

Kaveh New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have the same problem since I purchased my Prius V in March 2012. Toyota blamed it on the phone I had ( LG Cosmos ), so I decided to upgrade and I have Motorola Razro MAXX , the latest , still the same problem...

8. Jeff72k

Jeff72k New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2012 Prius V is also losing it's pairing configuration to my phone. I thought it might be my Galaxy Nexus but the phone still shows the pairing configuration. The car just shows "no phones paired" after a certain amount of time and then I have to re-pair my phone to it. I think something is wrong with the car's pairing memory and will call the Toyota dealer about it since it has happened four or more times now.

9. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Done any updates on your iPhone recently? Couldn't possibly be the phone, could it? Works with another car?

10. skwcrj

skwcrj Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
  11. LaMesaGuy

LaMesaGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My Jitterbug cell phone will not reconnect to the car bluetooth system. I have to set it up again. Then when the car is turn off the cell phone will not reconnect to the car bluetooth system when the car is turn on again. I have to set it up each time that I restart the car. Otherwise it works fine.

12. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Entune is glitchy with the new iOS6 upgrade. I find myself re-pairing my phone as a music device daily. Nothing's perfect!

13. LaMesaGuy

LaMesaGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have a Jitterbug cell phone (uses the Verizon network) that works great with my older 2010 Prius trim/model 5 w/Advance Technology, bluetooth system for the passed three years. I brought a new 2013 Prius v trim/model 5 w/o Advance Technology last week. The 2013 Prius v bluetooth will drop the Jitterbug after a while but the cell phone still says that it is pair with the 2013 Prius v bluetooth "CarMedia" but the 2013 Prius v shows no bluetooth devices connected or paired. I did not have this problem with the 2010 Prius trim/model 5 w/Advance Technology. I guess there is a problem with the 2013 Prius v Entune software/firmware. Is there an Entune upgrade by Toyota that corrects this problem. Since my Jitterbug cell phone worked without any problems with the 2010 Prius Five, shouldn't it work just as well with the newer 2013 Prius v Five w/o Advance Technology? I would appreicate any help with this problem. Thanks.

Absolutly Red Hot likes this.
  14. Shishir Shukla

Shishir Shukla Induslad

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have HTC one and couple days back my blutooth connectivity dropped. I unpaired my phone and deleted all the previously synced devices from the car blutooth settings. I paired it again, it worked like for 10 sec and my car display says "I don't have any paired devices". Is it something going on? Any help is appriciated.

Absolutly Red Hot likes this.