1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius v three vs five seat comfort

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by gwoodward, Mar 20, 2012.

1. gwoodward

gwoodward New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    I have been test driving the v three, five and the Chevrolet Equinox. I am just not sure about the drivers seat comfort. It's a little hard to tell in a short test drive. My wife said she was more comfortable in the five. Are the seats in the five the same basic construction as the three? I thought the softex look and feel might have influenced our first impression. The seats in the v’s are a little plain Jane compared to the Chevrolet Equinox. I keep my vehicles for 200K miles and don't want to buy something I might be disappointed with a few months from now.

2. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We have a v3 and v5 and no they don't seem terribly different to me other than the fabric. I do find it easier to get out of the 5 with the ability to rotate easier on the softex. Neither I would dub plush but they are good seats. I haven't done any sort of 1000 mile trips but for the couple hundred I have they were fine. W

1 person likes this.
  3. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Well, I have had my 5 for over 7 weeks now and haven't had problems with the seat. I'm more of the cloth type, but hadn't had problems with the softex. Now the dealer mentioned that this should be easier to wipe spills, not that I am going to try it. But we will have to see long run.

1 person likes this.
  4. rcturner

rcturner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    My wife had some nasty back surgery last fall and found my 2011 Kia with cloth interior hard to get in and out of. She also found the seats a bit uncomfortable. We tested many new cars looking for a good solution to the problem. The answer for her was the "V" 5. It is easy to get in and out of and it has been comfortable on 300 mile trips. I like it also and find it easy to get into and out of and comfortable to ride in.

5. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The seat hight adjuster lever changes the angle/pitch of the seat. So give the ratchet lever 8 pumps in each direction to see what feels right for you.

6. DBS

DBS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have had my Prius V III since December and I now wish That I had bought a 5. The seats are more comfortable to me. The lumbar device is too high in the back for me in my 3. I drove a 5 and it felt much better to me. I have had to have some additional foam added to both front seats to make them feel better. My wife had to use a small pillow on the passenger's side before this was done.

Just my experience.

1 person likes this.