1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius V Tire Replacement...what are the options?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Thai, May 28, 2010.

1. yadax3

yadax3 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am so glad I found this thread. I've been researching tires to fit the 17" rims I just ordered and was so disappointed when I couldn't find any that meet my needs, including any of those recommended by Consumer Reports. When I saw that the Michelin Primacy MXV4 is rated well in all categories including rolling resistence I was so disappointed to find the size I need isn't available, so I'm thrilled to learn Michelin will be making it soon. I was surprised to see the Primacy isn't a Green X tire though.

2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I would love to know the rolling resistance of these tires. I have continental extremecontact dws, which handle really well in the huge rains we are getting now.

Tire Search Results

Tirerack is having a big sale on on the oem michelins. But with new tires, if you have a blow out I would try to stick to what is on the other tires.

3. LeadingEdgeBoomer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    yadax3,

See my post #19 above.

4. yadax3

yadax3 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yep, I noticed the Pilot HX MXM4 are on sale when I was doing my research and I was really trying to talk myself into ordering them, especially since they have the Green X designation. But most of the reviews were pretty bad. Apparently they are horrible in the snow and I'd rather not have to buy a separate set of snow tires.

5. yadax3

yadax3 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Actually, your post was the reason for my original post. Thanks for the information.

6. yadax3

yadax3 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Darn. I imagine the shipping cost from the U.K. to the U.S. would be prohibitive.

On another note, my father taught me the pitfalls of 'stocking up' on tires as rubber deteriorates over time. When Good Tires Go Bad - CBS Evening News - CBS News