1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v Touchscreen Possible Solution...

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by javachick78, Aug 6, 2015.

1. javachick78

javachick78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    So, I've already done my share of complaining about my 2013 Prius v's touchscreen completely freezing. A new head unit was installed, and that didn't solve the problem either. The dealership had my car again for a week before they figured out what the problem might really be. Apparently there is a new TSB out to replace the extension box, which tends to overheat causing the screen to freeze up. The extension box is what controls all the apps (Entune, Pandora, etc) in the infotainment system. When I got my car back, I had to re sync my phone. Been only driving around for couple of hours since I got it back. So far, so good. I'm not gonna hold my breath though, and I'll keep you guys posted. Hopefully this is the solution to our Prius v problem. I see that it is an epidemic, which is a relief to me. So my baby is not a lemon after all because her siblings have the same problem:) However, this not does not look good for Consumer Reports though. The v's ratings will probably drop because of this:(

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    "Epidemic" might be strong for a problem that many of us have never seen and one part may fix.

3. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    In fact, the 2013 display has been remarkably trouble-free. The posted issue has nothing to do with the problems on the 2015 displays.

4. mustafa

mustafa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    im having a similar situation on my 2012. Only radio works, nothing else.

5. javachick78

javachick78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Keep reading posts on here. There are several complaints under different titles. A number of 2015 Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon)owners have also complained about their touch screen freezing right off of the lot:( The dealership has also admitted to me that there have been a few Prius v's (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) coming in for the same repair. That's great that you are one of the few lucky ones to not have had any problems so far. The good news is, my extension box replacement has been working out. The display doesn't always match was is being played, but as long as it works, I'm happy.

Watch these links on YouTube (several 2015 Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) Touchscreen Issues) I'm not sure how to use this site very well so hopefully the links come through:

6. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    One more time: The 2015 display problems are completely unrelated to the posted issue on a 2013.
    Totally different head units.

7. PriusInWin

PriusInWin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have exactly the same problem on my Prius v Three. Exactly, exactly like the 2015's, exactly like javachick78's. So, rdgrimes, while you can say it's unrelated, it's still the exact same problem. Exact. My dealer has acknowledged that Toyota is aware of the problem and is ordering me a new head unit (I've also pointed out to them that the transfer box may be involved.) Fortunately, my dealer is pretty conscientious about this so they are working with me on the problem. I've also pointed to this website for the technician to read what others have tried and what has worked/not worked.

8. mollymudpie

mollymudpie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2013 without navigation and JBL speakers. My touchscreen is frozen. All the side black bottoms work (seek, scan track set up …) but do not respond to touch. Steering wheel controls work. Essentially I can’t use touchscreen. Any help is wanted. Thank you!

Attached Files:

9. mollymudpie

mollymudpie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2013 without navigation and JBL speakers. My touchscreen is frozen. All the side black bottoms work (seek, scan track set up …) but do not respond to touch. Steering wheel controls work. Essentially I can’t use touchscreen. Any help is wanted. Thank you!

Attached Files: