1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v Two and iPhone 4S story

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by bkman, May 13, 2012.

1. bkman

bkman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Switching input on a car doesn't switch output on iPhone.

2. bkman

bkman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Just updated my iPhone 4S to iOS 6 and realized that now I have "Tracks" & "Browse" buttons while my iPhone connected over Bluetooth as audio player:
    IMG_3437.jpg
    Confirmed with my old iPhone 3GS which is running iOS 5.1.1:
    IMG_3438.jpg

3. bkman

bkman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    BTW, yesterday did my first 5K maintenance and complained a lot about iPhone & Prius Two issues.

They definitely out of track in Toyota. Technician told me: that car wasn't designed for a phone. It was designed for an iPod.

Can somebody tell me: who's going to use iPod nowadays? Almost everybody have a modern smartphone in their pocket and want to use it with a car.

Another finding: firmware for audio unit in Prius v Two isn't upgradable at all! If client complain about issues they will remove entire audio head and send it back to factory.

4. bkman

bkman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I send my complain on Audio to Toyota by mail and they called me back today (10-day turnaround time).

Toyota's lady insisted that there should be an option to disconnect an audio player only for Bluetooth.

So, I jumped to my car and confirmed with her that there is no such option at all.

After being on hold for ~15 minutes she finally said that there is no any way to disconnect only audio on Prius v Two without disconnecting phone by itself over Bluetooth.

Please write them in mail — it's better to explain your failures in writing rather than over the phone.

My complain was 2 pages long.