1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius V will not power on. Help!

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by darinf, Jan 5, 2012.

1. darinf

darinf Junior Member

I was playing with the settings on the Display Audio/Setup/Vehicle settings.

I turned the "Key System with Elec. Key" setting to off.

Now I cannot turn the Power on in the car. I can unlock/lock the car using the buttons on the key FOB.

But when I press the Power button with my foot on the brake, all I get is the red "no key" security indicator on the display.

So somehow I guess I turned off the electronic key wireless system.

In my Gen II Prius, I could just stick the key into the key slot. Is there a place to insert the key in the V?

I was actually changing the settings because I wanted to set up the car so that all the doors automatically unlock when I unlock the drive or passenger door.

Please help!

2. darinf

darinf Junior Member

Nevermind, emergency fixed.

I found on page 478 of the manual...

You have to press the brake, and then touch the back of the key FOB to the POWER button to power on the car.

I guess with the Smart Key system off, that's how you use the key manually.

Pretty obscure since I think it is still using some kind of wireless signal to "read" the key. It just has to be really close to the power button.

3. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a passive RFID chip inside remote control. It works in close proximity to the Power button.