1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius vs Hummer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Renocat, Sep 23, 2006.

1. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    All i can think is: that hummer probably spent more gas backing ni and out of the spot than you did getting to and from the mall... :lol:

2. iaowings

iaowings New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Sep 25 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]324862[/snapback]</div>
    lol
    Sadly true.

Ya my friend has a big diesel truck but he needs the behemoth for work. He wishes he could get another vehicle for around town things. At the time, he can only afford the truck so that is what he uses everyday.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(benighted @ Sep 25 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]324854[/snapback]</div>
    My experience, observing vehicles on the road, is that people who drive pickup trucks are competent to drive their vehicle much more often than are people who drive large SUVs.

My theory for this is that more pickup drivers actually have a reason for driving a pickup. While it is certainly an image thing for some people, where I have lived (North Dakota and now Spokane) a pickup is a work vehicle, used to haul construction or farm goods. SUV's, on the other hand, are only rarely bought for the right reason (driving on unmaintained rural roads or pulling very heavy trailers). They are most often bought by people who have been conned by Detroit into believing that their precious children will be safer in an SUV (something we know to be false). And they buy them without ever learning how to handle such a large vehicle. Most streets and parking lots were not designed with such wide vehicles in mind, and the clearances are too small for them.

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobZ @ Sep 24 2006, 12:29 PM) [snapback]324354[/snapback]</div>
    LOVE IT!! :D :lol: :lol:

I always chuckle to myself whenever I see the driver of a huge truck or SUV trying to fit their vehicle into a parking spot clearly marked with the word "Compact". Yeah, like it will fit!! After several attempts they tend to give up and then I get that spot. :D

5. BobZ

BobZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Sep 28 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]325131[/snapback]</div>

I always wonder if they be able to open the doors if they do make it in the spot......... :unsure:

6. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobZ @ Sep 28 2006, 07:39 PM) [snapback]325396[/snapback]</div>
    It's worse for the innocent person they park next to who cannot get into their cars either!

7. dachshund

dachshund New Member

Hummers always look so ridiculous in the grocery store parking lot. It's as if you need a military vehicle to pick up the groceries.