1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius vs Volt vs Jetta hybrid

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Toppcat, Mar 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Toppcat

Toppcat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Owners of 2013 Jetta hybrid, 2014 Chevy Volt and 2015 Prius 5 , we live in San Francisco I find the city mpg here is the same for all 3 around 32-36 mpg same routes. I note in L.A. prime time traffic the volt does better at 70+ mpg when hybrid battery was depleted, Prius 65+ and Jetta 50+ mpg btw I hate the L.A. grid lock I wonder how you guys there put up with it! , performance wise Jetta, hands down with a turbo charge engine and GLI suspension,even my upgrade Prius won't hang w the Jetta, comfort, Volt, Jetta and Prius, Luxury it's Volt, hands down, follow by Prius and Jetta. Cargo, passenger Prius, Jetta and Volt. Prius has lot more usable space vs the rest.

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thanks for the review!(y) is that a jetta gas/electric hybrid?

3. anthdc

anthdc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I get 32 -36 for my new prius in SF as a lyft driver...OMG this made me so happy..I AM NOT ALONE

Merged.

other lyft drivers say they get 45 in the city with their prius I got SO SAD im like sitting here waiting for my 10k mark hoping my mpg will go up *(sob sob

#3 anthdc, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2016
  4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Your MPG varies on a great many factors, some of which you can control, some of which you cannot. But we need more hints before we can guide you to any specific changes.

Bob already pointed you here once, but you didn't answer, so I'll point again:
    Fuel economy complaints/queries? Please copy, paste & answer these questions, esp. if you're new | PriusChat

5. Toppcat

Toppcat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Jetta is a 1.6 L turbo hybrid 0-60 7.5 - 8.5 sec. 60-80 mph 3-5 sec. 7 speed DSG transmission it will break the tires loose going into 2nd gear. Those are not similar with San Francisco there are lots of short steep hills and our stop, ligths, Blocks, are less than 300 feet. So 32-36 mpg city are good numbers. My 4x4 Dodge RAM pickup get 6-9 mpg city I recall fillups ran $200.00 some weeks I had to fillup twice!