1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Wireless?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by timdsd, May 14, 2012.

1. timdsd

timdsd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Today days, we can purchase similar equipment based in similar technology in the USA. I remember reading an steep price of $12,000 for the wireless recharging docking station.
    I will dugout-up the information from the home computer and post the link....
    a very neat concept.

3. Totmacher

Totmacher Honey Badger don't give a carp

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You realize similar technology has been around since the creation of AC/DC?

Lots of people know what a Tesla Coil is but few realize what it's original purpose was (back in the 1890's). Or that it was direct competition to Thomas Edison in the AC vs DC war. Really is a good read if you are interested. I'm sure there is a good Wiki write up on it all.

It gets even more interesting when you start finding out about the true purpose of the Electric Chair and how it was basically created as a smear campaign.

4. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am not sure it was a war, from the onset of AC Generation at Niagra Falls, success was guaranteed because of one Genius: Tesla. He was playing around with Tesla coils because he wanted to transmit high power long distances and go wireless in all forms of electrical transmission. He actually developed different vacuum tubes, but did not recognize thier value because of his search. It is a tragedy that he died in poverty. Edison on the other hand, could only see DC. If he had prevailed we would have had batteries up the ying yang