1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius won’t shift to drive or reverse

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by JoannieD, Jan 8, 2023.

1. JoannieD

JoannieD New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    A week ago I got the triangle of death. But the vehicle continue to operate. My regular mechanic said it was probably an error two days ago. The vehicle died on the freeway and was towed home. all panel lights come on but many of the screens will not show their information. Prior to this the vehicle had the following conditions. One the air conditioning has not worked since last summer. two there is a rattling sound that comes from under the dashboard when the heat is on and just as I turn the engine on. Rattling seems to occur when heating conditions change. Three a rat is living in Side back seat cushion. Four my mileage is 47 miles per gallon. Five I only have 69,000 miles on the engine. Six the vehicle has not been serviced by a Toyota mechanic and no heating maintenance. Has been performed.

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    12v battery

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Evict the rat first.

I'll guess the under-dash rattle is one of the HVAC servos. Can you pin down whether it rattles when you change the set temperature from hot to cold, or when you change the outlet direction, or when you change between fresh/recirculate intake?