1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius won't go into drive...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by R-P, Dec 16, 2011.

1. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

I had to replace the brake light switch on my car recently, it wasn't that difficult, however it would be easier if you had small hands. It took about 30 minutes from start to finish, part cost was about $40. This problem did log a DTC so it did point me to the right direction of the switch (with lots of help from people here)

Even with the bad switch in the car, the car was functional. It would start normally. However the DTC logged probably showed it being faulty. After replacement, the error code went away.

2. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I know that it has been discussed already, but someone over at Cleanmpg.com had a similiar problem. It ended up being the 12v. battery. There battery and voltabe tested out OK, but it had a bad cell that didn't show on the test. The bottom line was when they changed out the 12v. battery, it solved the problem.

Another good source for info and parts in Steve at autobeyours.com. He has a welth of knowledge and a used parts inventory.

3. Alana00

Alana00 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My car wouldn't go into drive and had all the warning lights on last week and I had to get it towed to the dealership. It turns out that my transmission went out without any signs of it going bad and it's going to cost $4,600 to fix it.