1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius won't start, displays "problem" immediately

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bjlepley, Sep 15, 2022.

1. bjlepley

bjlepley New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just replaced the hybrid battery and tried to start my 2005 prius and it shows "problem" on the main screen then doesn't try to start. I charged the 12v battery completely and the problem still persists. I've tried with and without the orange switch on the hybrid battery with the same issue. I checked the breakers and they all seem to be intact.

The car is new to me. I just got it and drove without issue before replacing the hybrid battery. I had to jump the car to start as the 12v battery was dead. I had another battery so I replaced it. Since I replaced both batteries this is the issue i'm having. No codes on the ODB scanner. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

2. bjlepley

bjlepley New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well that was quick. I took out and re-seated the orange hybrid battery disconnect a few times making sure to click it down and it starts now. I thought I had it seated correctly the 20 other times I put it in but maybe it wasn't connected correctly. So if you have the same problem give that a try

PriusCamper and bisco like this.