1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius wont start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by BARTMAN1221, Dec 7, 2007.

1. BARTMAN1221

BARTMAN1221 New Member

After disconnecting the main battery to do some repairs. We pluged it back in but car wont start. Is thier something we can do with out taking it to the dealer.

2. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Need some clarification. Which battery was disconnected? The High Voltage Battery or the small 12V battery? How was it disconnected? When you go to start, what indications do you get? Do the headlights work? Are there interior lights? Any warnings?

You can get good information here, but details are needed.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What were you trying to repair?

4. MattFL

MattFL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The owners manual has a section for this. I don't remember it word for word, but it said someting about opening then closing the drivers door then trying again, and a few other similar odd procedures. It sounds like they expect the computer to be confused about something when the battery is reconnected. I hope this helps. :)

5. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Batt-man

If you have a 2004 or newer Prius, and pull out the orange main battery safety cutoff, you have to completely reset its 'bail' handle before anything good can happen.

1 person likes this.
  6. BARTMAN1221

BARTMAN1221 New Member

It is a 2006 so how do reset it?