1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Certified Dealer Program - Launch Announcement & Form

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Danny, Oct 24, 2011.

1. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Funny!!!

1234 OMG LOL

:)

2. dfleeman

dfleeman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I also contacted the Auburn dealer and they said they would be contacting everyone on thursday after the order is put in. I'm a little nervous about them after reading some of the posts.

3. patjcoleman

patjcoleman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Good question. We will be charging a $200 documentation fee which is the standard here in Maryland on the sale of a new car. We also will facilitate your tag and title work for your with you respective state's DMV/MVA. Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional quesitons in regards to the program.
    Patrick Coleman
    Jim Coleman Toyota

4. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    My Doc fee here in Southern CA is $55.
    We also have a $8.75 CA tire fee in California.

1 person likes this.
  5. TroyGuy

TroyGuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After a little difficulty logging on, we got ours! Thanks to Dianne!!! We can't wait to take delivery in 2012! My friend's an electrician and he's coming to install a dedicated plug in my garage this weekend so we can charge and drive.

Good luck to all!!!

6. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I didn't go with a PriusChat dealer, but my dealer said they matched the $500 below MSRP because of PriusChat, and if it weren't for this program, they would have made me pay full MSRP.

7. dfleeman

dfleeman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you Danny for saving me $500.00. My Prius Chat dealer was Andy at Magnussen's Toyota. 5 minutes after I ordered he called me and we had my ordered confirmed in minutes. Great experience.

8. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I want your friend's #. I have some business for him!! ;)

Can you email his contact info?

9. Hybrid Man

Hybrid Man New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank You for the kind words we are very excited to be participating in the program.-Scott

10. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Tire fee should only be 4 x $1.75 = $7.

11. tplus

tplus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm new with the PriusChat Forums and was introduced my coworker. I'm across the SFbay from Putman; and selected AutoWest Toyota, Scion in Hayward instead. I drive by their dealership daily and buy parts from time to time. Excellent dealer. If you are on this side of the Bay, and haven't yet selected a dealer you might check them out. I worked with Gim Chu. I didn't receive a call, just the quote with a discount with more than $750, MORE than $850! Promised No dealer installed options, just the options you selected. While at the Dealership I've saw and sat in the PriusV and Scion IQ. I'm on the wait list and left a deposit. Will be waiting for the Prius Plugins to arrive...

12. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Please clarify; did you register earlier this year to be eligible for priority ordering, and did you place your order through the Toyota website? Otherwise, you may be waiting a long time and will be at the mercy of the dealer, regardless of what the salesman is telling you now.

13. mmfish

mmfish Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    I pre registered last spring then placed an order on November 17th through Fitzgerald Toyota in Gaitherburg, MD . Went in that weekend and made my deposit. Yesterday the salesman emailed me to complete the order, as it wasn't complete. It is clear from the Toyota email that I did my part, and they dropped the ball. Thoughts? I gave them a deposit, went to the dealership,
    Got a signed purchase order. What did I miss? I suspect the dealership is at fault.

1 person likes this.
  14. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    After placing the order, there was a dealer step, then a second followup customer procedure to confirm the order. Hard telling whether he forgot to do the dealer step the same day, or merely failed to follow up to see whether you had done your second customer step. At the very least, your dealer failed by not following up the same day he took your deposit.

Try logging in now, and look for a confirm order button. You don't have to reconfigure again. You should be able to find your order and your dealer listed, with the confirm order button towards the bottom of the screen, if I'm remembering correctly. Yes, it was confusing. The good news is that it is very unlikely this will affect your delivery time very much.

15. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    How would a dealership sign up for this? Do you have a link or form that I can send to my local Toyota dealer?

16. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Soylent, first off it's a little late for that. The window shuts tomorrow, the 15th.

I understand that Danny approached many dealerships, in his kind and humble way, and simply asked. Most said no. On a business level, I understand why. There's very little profit margin in this particular model. And, when I say that, I am SERIOUS. It's awful as compared to other cars in this dollar range.

Then, a dealership's gotta spend a fortune for the charging stations and the materials and equipment to service and prep these cars - that is NOT free and not cheap either.

Thank heavens I have a lot of orders. That dilutes the pain/expense for the store.

17. tplus

tplus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, (sorry for the late reply), I had officially registered, selected options and dealer, received their offer, accepted, was contacted, and left a deposit. Just waiting in queue, I'm #3711

18. C56spd

C56spd New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Danny,
    Is there any more details yet on what our one year free premium PriusChat membership includes?

Just curious.

Thanks!

19. neohot

neohot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is this still available for those of us who did not preorder & are not in a launch state?

20. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Keep an eye out, it'll be coming down the road but nothing as of yet for announcements.