1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuschat.com stickers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mssmith95, May 8, 2006.

1. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wonder the same things... "I wonder if they are on PC?" Although I figure if they were one of "us" that they would at least look when they saw a fellow Prius driver, so when they don't even acknowledge the cousin of their baby I realize they aren't a "freak" like me hahaha
    A sticker would be cool, then we can know who is part of the coolest club ever!

I love that black backround, white lettered PC sticker, what about PC.com ? edit- Nevermind- PC.com is an intel site haha... but I like that look of the b/w sticker- looks cool

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ May 9 2006, 01:56 PM) [snapback]252199[/snapback]</div>

How about the black backround is in the outline of a Prius?? :D

2. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ May 9 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]252199[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 9 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]252356[/snapback]</div>
    I like the PC sticker..could do the plate frame and have priuschat.com on top and screen name on bottom.

But Squid with the new avatar and suit and tie comment......Are you on new meds or off old ones? I'm concerned...maybe it is the start of a multiple personality disorder. Maybe Doc Fusco could help you....oooh, not his field of medicine right??

3. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm one of the folks with a favorite license-plate frame. ("Cambria...Pines By The Sea")

The sticker could be printed on soft vinyl (I've heard them called "window stats," or "static clings") that would stick to the inside of the lower rear window panel without adhesive. Lower left would do the trick for following drivers to see easily, and that corner is seldom a problem for the driver when backing up.

A quick search turned up www.koolprint.com, where static clings would be about US$0.72 (72 cents) each in 1000 quantity. Not expensive, but still a bit of cash up front to order them. They're listed under the "sticker" category.

As for the screen name, adding that would be good, but we'd want a way for each person to add that (couldn't custom-print them all!). But I'd feel really silly just putting my name there---since that's my screen name too!

For your amusement, here's my license plate, which is the name of my business (Macs Only):

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 9 2006, 05:09 PM) [snapback]252356[/snapback]</div>
    LOL Squid, your and mine would really stick out two grumpy old men an a care bear. :lol: :lol:

I was thinking of a decal style like this:
    [attachmentid=3342]
    Sorry this is the end of my artistic creativity
    MS Paint :huh:

the top part could have the logo and the bottom the web address

The Decal should beable to survive direct sun light for 1-2 years before fading and mabe cost like $15 each unless you send in a contrabution then it would only cost $5. As there would be upfront costs that would have to be paid for artwork, the screen printing buying 200 or more... ect . ect.

and make it just big enough you could read the logo and the web addy..... ;) B) :)

You know it would be interesting to have the members strat a thread and just post thier submitted finnished decal ideas on that thread and let Danny & the Moderators pick from the finnished product..

I agree that having a stand out logo for PC is a great idea, so that other PC members could see they are members too but you want to have the web address included so that other Prius owners who also see the decal would know where to come to too.. B)

Soo draw them up guys & gals and post them!

5. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    drove from trenton nj to atlantic city for work today... in the garage at the convention center another blue (maryland plates ) when I arrived!
    let a note on the windshield... www.priuschat.com witha a smiley face!

6. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ May 10 2006, 01:20 AM) [snapback]252631[/snapback]</div>
    Cool! I'm always reluctant to leave notes on people's windshields (unless I bump into their car), but I might do that the next time I see another Prius.
    My family is from AC- I heard that they are tearing down the old Convention Hall?

7. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 10 2006, 11:11 AM) [snapback]252727[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: That's awesome, I am not the only one that has wanted to do that!!! I have thought of leaving a note saying "love your Prius" or "cool car", something! Maybe I should make up cards that say something nice about their Prius, and then put "visit me on www.priuschat.com, remaxmanager" somethin... or even better, on my business card for my company, I could put priuschat on the back! I could order a rubber stamp that says something Prius related!! woohoo I am getting excited now! :blink:

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Way way back someone created a nice template of PriusChat 'business cards' that were easy to customize with your screen name. I printed off a bunch and have had them in my car ever since. I stick one in the slot by the driver's side door when I happen to be parked near another Prius.

Can't honestly say anyone's ever come to PriusChat after doing so, but I did have one person e-mail me.

Wonder if those templates are around somewhere....I'll need more cards soon anyway!

HA!!! Found it. It was one of my co-moderators TonyPSchaefer:
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=14254&hl=

Templates intact!

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sorry it's taken me a bit to respond to this thread. I'd be more than happy to add the PC decals to the Shop. This should give you an idea of their size:

[​IMG]

They are laser-cut decals (just like the other "Prius" ones that Paul Demmitt makes and are available here.

I can probably add them to the Shop for about $3 or so (including shipping). The decal has been on Nichole's Element for about a year now and hasn't shown any signs of wear.

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

I can't use my SKS to do this, so I use the house key instead.

I etch "priuschat.com" into the paint of other cars with my key. I use big letters, so that means I usually have to do it to larger cars. Fortunately there are lots of SUVs in my area, so I have lots of room to work with...

11. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Danny, that looks like a super solution, at a very good price. Thanks, and keep us posted if you go ahead with it.

HEY...When did I get to become a Senior Prius Poster? Musta been at 100 messages? I do not know, people might get the wrong idea and think I know what I'm talking about...

12. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ May 10 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]253167[/snapback]</div>
    I'm one too...I think it's based on age, not number of posts :lol:

13. ibcs

ibcs New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'd be proud to have a PriusChat.com logo on mine. I could not have done my mods without PriusChat.

---Kent

14. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ May 10 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]253133[/snapback]</div>
    Hey- how come that Element doesn't have a "Goongala Goonga" sticker on it?
    (I would definitely buy a sticker)

15. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

I also would be very happy to decal the left rear window...

BTW, speaking of items in the 'Shop', I have been using the heat shade for about 3 weeks now... It is of far superior quality than other I have used on other cars. Yes, it cost more, but I can see this lasting the life of the car. Very well made and does a better job of reflecting & insulating.

16. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ May 10 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]253133[/snapback]</div>
    Danny, that's perfect. Add them to the shop and I know you'll sell a bunch! Or at least one from me...

17. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I am so excited that this thread gained some legs!

Thanks Danny for responding and let us know when the stickers are up and ready to go.

Is there anyway to contact all members at once to let them know about this?

I would really like to see all members with them...so we can see each other on the road.

18. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

I think a gimmick is needed to propel this sort of thing to new heights.

What if the stickers were of that electro-luminescence stuff they make bling-bling gauge overlays for? :ph34r: I'll bet that material doesn't cost much either....

If you wanna make a REAL impact, you gotta be bold.... :ph34r:

19. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigdaddy @ May 10 2006, 06:07 PM) [snapback]253152[/snapback]</div>
    If you have the room, you should sign it: "with love and I hope you enjoy the frequent visits to the gas station, BigDaddy. :) "

20. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Actually - way back when- I have a Priuschat License plate frame- it says"
    No I don't plug it in" on top and Priuschat.com on the bottom.

You can still get License plate frames at Cafepress.com at Danny's store:
    http://www.cafepress.com/priuschat/286468

Look at my avatar on the left and at the picture below:.[attachmentid=3439]